Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Ill be stunned if newcastle are not doping. They have injuries, playing lots of games and their squad isnt really that good yet

Done double over psg and look like qualifying 

In carabao QFs

Winning games in league and sit in good position.

You jinxed it Dem 😂.

I've no love for PSG, and even less for Newcastle, but that is a scandalous incorrect decision.

If it deflects off a part of the body on to the arm isn't the rule that it's not a handball? Utterly bizarre decision. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

The Qatari state has massive influence over UEFA. The PSG chair is embedded deep in the UEFA pockets - none of this is a surprise. 

The chop yer hands off derby. Had to be a 1 1 to satisfy both of their biggest donors

Probably bent, but who cares..both clubs are a sham. Hope they both fold / lose every game / go out of business etc.

Newcastle fans to continue the idea the world is against them even when the only reason they're in this competition is because the tory government leant on the PL. :crylaugh:

bellends the lot of em

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Ill be stunned if newcastle are not doping. They have injuries, playing lots of games and their squad isnt really that good yet

Not sure how they are achieving their 'intensity' but it doesn't look sustainable over 90 mins with their current injuries. They barely got out of their half in the second 45. If PSG could finish (Barcola missed 3 sitters on his own!) then they would have won comfortably. 

Stats agree: PSG had an xg of almost 4 and 32 shots! Newcastle first half xg = 1.09. Newcastle second half xg = 0. 05.

Edited by oishiiniku_uk

This is what the rules say (bbc website)

What does the handball law say?

According to the laws of the game, when deciding a handball decision in a game, referees have three key considerations:

Whether it is a "deliberate action" by the player - ie have they moved their arm towards the ball?;

The proximity of the player from the ball and the speed it hits them on the arm/hand;

If the the hand or arm is in "an unnatural position", - ie away from the body

In the case of the Livramento handball, the referee deemed that even if it was not deliberate and the Newcastle defender was unable to react quickly enough, his arm was in an unnatural position.

I’d argue that putting your arms behind your back when trying to make a block or tackle is more unnatural.

• Like 1

I watchd replay expecting outrageous refereeing mistake, but I didn't think it was that controversial, Newcastle player had his arms out when PSG player about to cross, so always a chance it could hit his arm, most players put their arms behind their back in that situation.

1 minute ago, useless said:

I watchd replay expecting outrageous refereeing mistake, but I didn't think it was that controversial, Newcastle player had his arms out when PSG player about to cross, so always a chance it could hit his arm, most players put their arms behind their back in that situation.

If it directly hit his hand, you'd have a point, but the deflection off his knee is what makes it a ludicrous decision.

9 minutes ago, villa89 said:

From our point of view we want them to finish third in the group so they have to play more European games next year. A nice long run with lots of extra times only to lose 9-0 to Hacken in the final. 

Sadly Hacken are out 😝

23 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I think that's a pen to be honest.

Really? 

Tbh, Livro was in such close proximity I'm not sure it should be a penalty even without the fact it deflected off his chest first. The fact it did bounce off his body onto his arm makes the decision scandalous. There's literally nothing a defender can do to prevent that. If that's a pen, players may as well just start aiming for defenders arms when crossing/shooting. 

Funny how we all see the game so differently. 

Edited by PieFacE

Very harsh but this is whst happens away from home in Europe as these big clubs, always has. It Newcastle go out they should point to the two results against Doermund and not the 4 points they got against psg. Really but for Pope and shocking finishing they would hsve lost that game easily last night 

Edited by PaulC

Â