Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

Hard evidence Boris’s gov intervened to get the Saudis approved just concern everyone - it’s political interference of the highest order 

Edited by limpid
fixed embed

On 06/04/2023 at 11:37, The_Steve said:

Hard evidence Boris’s gov intervened to get the Saudis approved just concern everyone - it’s political interference of the highest order 

Even worse than being tied to the Saudi regime, Newcastle are basically a bunch of Tories!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

The Athletic article with those leaked FCO emails proves this is a sports washing venture. If the league had any balls, they’d pull the plug on the owners. 

Well, they don't, so that's that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As soon as United are taken over by the Qatari’s the PL will pass a ruling that puts far more stringent checks on ownership.

Having Newcastle as another rich club challenging for the top 4 will strengthen the brand so nobody really gives a shit at the top end of the PL hierarchy.

This will be like FFP all over again.

16 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

The Athletic article with those leaked FCO emails proves this is a sports washing venture. If the league had any balls, they’d pull the plug on the owners. 

The PL were pushed by the British Government to allow Saudi Arabia to buy a club or else U.K. trade relations with the Saudis would suffer. 

This article is not news to the Premier League. They knew they had to break their rules to please the government. Nothing has changed on that front to date (other than more people finding out the details) so I don’t see why the PL would change their stance just now.

Maybe with a change of U.K. government they might suddenly find their voice and enforce their rules, but probably not even then. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LondonLax said:

Maybe with a change of U.K. government they might suddenly find their voice and enforce their rules, but probably not even then. 

No chance IMO. Blair (Starmer's role model seemingly) famously forced an end to an investigation into a corrupt arms deal between BAE Systems and Saudi Arabia. There is no chance Starmer has more spine. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

For many, that's basically a selling point for Starmer.

He's not messing with anything to do with international ally relations, and therefore it would seem that Newcastle are effectively UK government approved to break the rules.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Random Precision said:

All the reasons you cite for your dislike of Newcastle is nothing more than envy, nothing more nothing less.

I'd 100% hate to be in your position as a fan.

To have to push away any ethics or morals I had to support my team would probably ruin it for me. 

I'd take bottom half with our owners over winning trophies with yours any day of the week. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, LondonLax said:

The PL were pushed by the British Government to allow Saudi Arabia to buy a club or else U.K. trade relations with the Saudis would suffer. 

This article is not news to the Premier League. They knew they had to break their rules to please the government. Nothing has changed on that front to date (other than more people finding out the details) so I don’t see why the PL would change their stance just now.

And yet the government didn't care at all about trade relations with the world's largest bloc literally only twenty miles away.

How has this happened?

8 hours ago, Random Precision said:

You need yto calm down, your mental health will suffer with all that hatred, envy, jealousy and watch us go in the summer window.

Some people have class and  morals, then there’s NUFC fans. The very epitome of classless

26 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

I like the team Newcastle have assembled and I like the manager. But you're deluded if you think people dislike Saudi govt ownership of a football club out of pure envy... maybe get out of your football bubble a bit and think about what it actually means, and who they are.

Besides all the well documented human rights abuses, which you may or may not care about, they've just agreed to drive up the global oil price with their OPEC cartel in collaboration with Russia. You'll be enjoying better football on the pitch, while your day-to-day life gets noticeably shitter because of their actions.

It's madness that we're letting despotic governments use our national football league to sportswash their image. All so you can watch some more talented footballers. It's no different from when Pablo Escobar bankrolled Atletico Nacional to the Copa Libertadores in 1989.

Harsh on Pablo to be comparing him to the scum owning Newcastle.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, est1874 said:

If Villa were taken over by a murderous, antidemocratic regime, I'd have no qualms stepping away tomorrow. I'd consider the club dead and would simply support nobody at this level of football for the rest of my days. Happy to have that held against me if ever we go through the takeover process again.

Football should never be tied to such things. Ever. Some things are bigger than football and always should take precedence.

I think it'd be incredibly tough to be honest.

People said similar things about the World Cup.  People still watched the World Cup.

15 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Man City fans always seem to have struggled with the fact that nobody has ever really cared about or respected any of their clubs 'achievements'.  

Newcastle fans will have to expect the same.

Most City fans are absolutely bent in the head now, it's well funny.

Sportswashed beyond belief. Defend their owners over everything. Angry all the time because they want to be seen on the same level as Utd.

Think everyone's against them, when actually, no one cares... 

They are an irrelevance. Sport is about stakes and they don't have any. If they win the treble this season, or nothing, it doesn't change their summer plans.

Newcastle fans will have the same soon enough. Christmas every day might not be as good as they think.

Plus obviously, their owners are literally murdering, war-mongering monsters. Even worse than City's homophobes.

Haway the lads.

Â