Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

I've just looked on the tranfer thread on a newcastle forum, and they're acting as if the £17m rumoured fee for Wood is crazy money, that seems relatively cheap to me, would have expected Burnley to want more than that at the best of times, but even more so if Newcastle are the buyers.

6 minutes ago, useless said:

I've just looked on the tranfer thread on a newcastle forum, and they're acting as if the £17m rumoured fee for Wood is crazy money, that seems relatively cheap to me, would have expected Burnley to want more than that at the best of times, but even more so if Newcastle are the buyers.

I hope Burnley mess them about the entire window and then decline their offer. Why would they sell to their relegation rivals especially with Cornet at Afcon?

If Burnley sell I can only imagine they think they will be better off with the money the money and maybe spending that on a replacement, than Wood himself, he has only scored three goals this season.

2 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

Screams the type of recruitment we did while in the championship 

Also not the big bang that this window was supposed to be for Newcastle so far.  I didn’t expect big names but I thought there would be some high profile mercenaries being brought but Trippier and Chris Wood are barely a blip on the radar in terms of wow!  I assume later in the window some will happen…it’s all a bit low key given the owners and their issue about being in a relegation fight.

• Like 1

Just now, nick76 said:

Also not the big bang that this window was supposed to be for Newcastle so far.  I didn’t expect big names but I thought there would be some high profile mercenaries being brought but Trippier and Chris Wood are barely a blip on the radar in terms of wow!  I assume later in the window some will happen…it’s all a bit low key given the owners and their issue about being in a relegation fight.

To be honest I  never expected any huge names through the door, given the manager in charge and Nick Hammond as the temporary DoF , the proven British or proven premier league talent “the type that are suited for a dog fight” would be the approach, only problem is these guys are in relegation dog fights each year for a reason. And as you say the mercenaries will probably lose interest after losing a few games similar to Lesscott and co when we went down: 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Poor Callum Wilson, just think he could have been being played through by Coutinho but his son watched Goal and **** it all up for him.

Absolute clown, had the chance to move back home to the midlands to

2 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Poor Callum Wilson, just think he could have been being played through by Coutinho but his son watched Goal and **** it all up for him.

Well, he still would've been injured but at least he'd have box seats for it.

Newcastle did the same thing in championship that we did aswell trying to sign the big names i.e. Ritchie, Hanley, Murphy, Gayle. Signing Chris Wood is to me a sign that they are preparing for potential relegation and signing wood is someone who will stick around in the championship and probably a striker who will do well down there. i've been surprised at how passive they have been so far aswell, surely they know the infrastructure of the club needs sorting first as that is key.

40 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

It seems the skunks up north are upset that digne appears to have chosen us over them as they seem themselves as a more exciting project.

A relegation dog fight ? 😆

What project? They were turned down by every DoF they tried to hire because the club seemed directionless. They must be an unbelievable shambles if even all the money in the world can't convince people to get on board.

2 hours ago, Greenfly said:

What project? They were turned down by every DoF they tried to hire because the club seemed directionless. They must be an unbelievable shambles if even all the money in the world can't convince people to get on board.

The project where they scrape relegation this year then get replaced by even more expensive players next year 

I think their relegation fate may hinge quite significantly on who they manage to sign to replace Wilson.

Just looking at the kind of names they’re being linked with and I’m not sure any are of the obvious level of quality needed to fire them to the wins they require, though you can never be sure of how things pan out of course.

• Like 1

Â