Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

Only three teams in the last ten years, Sheffield United, us in our relegation season, and QPR have been on less points after thirteen games, even Fulham and Albion at this stage last season had more points.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, villa4europe said:

You think a Brazilian international player knows what Newcastle is like as a city? 

Did they know Manchester City? Nope but they all knew man utd

Sure, but that’s not what the post said. 

10 hours ago, Mantis said:

All hinges on the Norwich/Burnley home games they have coming up. If they don't get at least 3 points from that they are completely and totally stuffed.

Exactly this.  I would even suggest 4 or 6 points needed but certainly anything less and they’re in deep trouble. 

37 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

Cant see it.Newcastle can afford to buy their way out of trouble.

Yes but that not that easy really, we nearly got relegated after spending £100m in our first season, I’m not sure what a few reinforcements in January can do for that Newcastle team

1 hour ago, PussEKatt said:

Cant see it.Newcastle can afford to buy their way out of trouble.

Taking into account their league position and extremely slim odds of survival I think it's far more likely they have to pay way over the odds for a signing or two and buy themselves into trouble next year in the Championship.

1 minute ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I think Newcastle will beat Norwich and Burnley to be honest and then the picture will look a fair bit different.

And even if they do they will still be in the relegation zone.

I don't see them keeping clean sheets.

I don't see them grinding out wins.

I dont see them getting the players they need in January to enable results.

If they were in touching distance I'd say they have a chance. They're effectively 7 points adrift....and they don't even look like winning a game of football.

By January it could easily be double digits.

2 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

And if they're 10 points adrift come January then who's gonna join them regardless of money?

Any player who fancies a nice payrise. 

I think they’ll spend £80m this January and that will get them 4 great players which will mean they start picking up enough wins to stay up.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

If they were in touching distance I'd say they have a chance. They're effectively 7 points adrift....and they don't even look like winning a game of football.

By January it could easily be double digits.

If they are like 11-12 points adrift, I can see them just going f*** it and spending £200-250m in January and completely revamping over half their team. 

23 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Any player who fancies a nice payrise. 

I think they’ll spend £80m this January and that will get them 4 great players which will mean they start picking up enough wins to stay up.   

Great players for £20,000,000? Don't think so.

Four great players for £20,000,000 each? No chance.

That sort of money buys potential now, not even close to greatness.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Don_Simon said:

Great players for £20,000,000? Don't think so.

Four great players for £20,000,000 each? No chance.

That sort of money buys potential now, not even close to greatness.

Or players who were great 3 years ago and somehow still have that reputation when in reality it's gone 

Hope they don't go back in for kamara though 

• Like 1

Just now, villa4europe said:

Or players who were great 3 years ago and somehow still have that reputation when in reality it's gone 

Hope they don't go back in for kamara though 

They've got massive money on Coutinho written all over them. 

• Like 1

Â