Christian Benteke

Kwan

One thing is certain, I would rather sell him to Dortmund than frickin spurs or some crap like that. Then I would totally lose it. Of course we can`t hold on to him forever but if there is one other PL club then it has to be something like arsenal. 

Either way, I think he will stay after he went out recently and said he loves being here and he likes lambert. Either way, he has been so tremendous this season so I can`t hate on him. I just don`t wanna see him play against us :(

How many bargains out there with world class height, power, pace, strength, finishing, technique, heading and long shots? How many bargains turn out to be one of the most dangerous strikers in the world?

£7m, something like £20k a week in wages we've paid. You don't get bargains that good. This club will get other bargains, but will not get another bargain like Benteke ever. He is a one-off.

Benteke must be great for Villa as a commercial asset. Foreign football fans might now be following Villa much more closely because we have a striker they admire. Benteke means potentially more for the club than a goal machine and a price tag.

Well for a start he is not world class, not yet. Also again there is players out there, if you said to someone last summer you could get the striker we now have for 7m you'd have laughed players just need to be given the chance.

Same as lowton, sylla etc who would have given them a chance? Theres plenty of talent out there benteke is not the first nor the last but of course he does have his own unique qualities. Talk of a one off is just a bit much in my eyes. 

Maybe im naive but i think with lambert in charge we may be different when it comes to selling our better players.

If you're naive, then so am I. I don't think Lambert will want to sell any of his starters. He doesn't seem like he took this job to just keep us afloat and accomplish nothing which would happen if we sold Benteke.

It will be interesting to see who Lambert pulls out of the bag when Benteke does leave (whether it's this summer, next Jan or next summer).

Benteke has progressed so rapidly that I fail to see the obvious benefits to him for staying here for another season. I think he is good enough right now to make the step up to a 'top' team.

If he does pledge unconditionally one more season then great, because if we build a better defence I feel we could be pushing top half with Benteke leading the line next season...

Well Dortmund being interested is somewhat concerning. Still expect him to stay another season.

i would venture that the interest from them has been going on for a while (just surmising, no concrete information), and that yesterday's visit was the prelude to an imminent bid.

Or maybe the guy left thinking that we don't want this petulant so-and-so on our squad ;)

Hope he gives us 1 more season

Personally I think he's played his last game for us

The Sunday Mirror is pushing the Tottenham angle.

I have a contact close to the goings on at Tottenham who confirmed their interest several months, but told me that Benteke wanted to return home, so they weren't hopeful.

Liege to Dortmund is maximum 2 hours in a car...........

Spurs' interest is genuine.

But then there are probably a number of clubs interested.

At the end of the day we are looking to compete with Spurs for the 5-10 positions next season, so no point in selling to a rival.

Benteke spotted in Liege

Well he's suspended for the last game and he's from there so...

It'd be like 'ASHLEY WESTWOOD SPOTTED IN CREWE'

i know lol i didnt mean anything with it :P

Haha :)

Â