Christian Benteke

Kwan

he will leave end of season regardless what league we are in. but we should be looking for no less than 15m in my opinion imagine had we still had downing, young and milner now to feed him we would be really be one damn good side barring the defence

I expect him to leave but he may stay if he can't get offered first team football elsewhere. Chelsea will struggle to fit him in and so will Arsenal, Liverpool and Man Utd wont be interested.

He has a world cup to look at next year and im sure he will want to playing every game possible. If his agent is smart he will tell him to hang on here for a season to make sure he keeps his place up front for Belgium during the WC and then get a big move somewhere. He will make more, we will make more and so will his agent.

This was obvious and I've been saying it for a good while. Anyone who thought otherwise was delusional. He's too good for where we are now. In fact he's too good for where we're likely to be for the next 5 years minimum.

Even if we stay up, we're gonna struggle to keep this lad. We won't be able to refuse a double our money offer on him.

Why our chairman is a billionaire isn't he we do not need to sell him

He's contracted to the club for what 4 and a half years?

If teams want to sign him they need to pay big money and I'm not talking a paltry 15 million quid here

If we had Daniel Levy for a chairman he would cost what 35 mill minimum 

We sold Downing for 20 million remember

I see PL is talking about how CB has doubled in value.  His message before was that we wouldnt sell him as it defeats the purpose of what he is trying to do at the club.

I hope we take no less than £18m regardless of where we finish in the league.  We don't need the money and we can defintely get £18m and he is worth it!

He won't go for double our money.  He'll go for more.  The fact is he is one of the best currently playing outside the elite and his potential is even more intriguing.  So you'll hopefully have a Dutch auction between several top sides all hell bent on not letting anyone else have him.  I can easily see him going for 20+.

id be amazed if he is here next season and I wouldnt be surprised if he is in top 5 strikers in next 5 years but if he keeps us up it  will be probably greatest achievement in his career.

Have said before his attitude is of a winner. when ball is out of play he doesnt wait he runs over and restarts play quickly. its not amazing but its sign of a hungry player

you trynig to say we got ripped off by getting 20 million for Downing?

No what im saying is if we got 20 mill for an ageing Downing we should be aiming for more with a young hungry Benteke

Ok i misunderstood. though if we got 20 million for Downing Id expect the board to negotiate a higher fee for Benteke

His price will be determined by us staying up, If in Championship we be lucky to get 15 millin for him but if in top flight can name our price

I can see him playing for Arsenal given the hoy-palloy not long after his debut for us. Sure enough, at some point, get ready for his smug smile into the Holte when he nets a hat-trick for them.

I recall the treacherous Dwight Yorke doing something similar when he returned with Blackburn in the FA Cup some seasons back. If I'd had a gun, I'd have shot him.

Even if we stay up, we're gonna struggle to keep this lad. We won't be able to refuse a double our money offer on him.

Why our chairman is a billionaire isn't he we do not need to sell him

He's contracted to the club for what 4 and a half years?

If teams want to sign him they need to pay big money and I'm not talking a paltry 15 million quid here

If we had Daniel Levy for a chairman he would cost what 35 mill minimum 

We sold Downing for 20 million remember

The same 'billionaire' who could only sanction the signings of a French division 2 player and an MLS player despite the club being well and truly in the shit?

Like I said before win win for us and great work by PL.  I hope we keep him and build around him I really do.  However, we have to be realistic.  The good thing with Benteke is that he is still hungry to do well for us.  He is not shying away and his performance levels havent dropped.

I would love for us to be able to keep him but he is clearly too good for where we are at the moment and where we are heading.

Lerner can either play hardball over it and make him stay has he is contracted for 4 years and could let him go elsewhere at the end of the next season. or, he could hold an auction for him in the summer and hope to get £20+m for him. I have lost so much trust in Lerner that I actually believe he would take the money this summer rather than risk having to sell him at a lower price next summer.

Â