Christian Benteke

Kwan

Ah well, at least we'll get a lot of cash for him. Just like Milner and Downing, then Lerner can plough the cash back into the club... oh wait.

The only real bright spot in a disaster of a season that will end with us being relegated. He deserves better to be fair, good luck to him.

Edited by Ginko

Probably why our defense is so shyte, he's messed them all up in training.

The guy also seems to have a great attitude on him, knowing his herculean efforts are going to be in vain he still gives it all. Great feet, very clever and fantastic at creating space for himself.

Now we know why he's Belguim's Numero Uno. 

Very very good player, if I was Abramovich I would have Torres wake up with a horses head in his bed then move heaven an earth to get this guy. He's a 22 yr old Drogba, seems ridiculous that we'll be forced to sell him for nothing like his true value.

On another note is anyone thinking back to all those Genk fans who said we got robbed after paying 7m for him? Lots said he wasn't all that. Seems odd looking back

VT is ridiculous.

After the Bradford match, people had Benteke written off as worse than Bad Heskey and a waste of money. A couple of games before that, he was going to Man Utd for £30 million. Now he's going to Madrid for £35 million. Tune in next week when he's going to be compared to Gary Doherty.

I'd say this thread reads like a manic depressive's diary.

So he's inconsistent then Yillan?

Like Carew. Unplayable on his day, but his day is every three games or so at the moment.

He's only very young though so hopefully his consistency will improve. I think he has frightening potential, and his performances for us are a massive bonus and evidence that this new strategy can work for the club, in the long run.

If finishing is one of his biggest weaknesses, how is he better than 1 in 2 in all comps for the season?

A gem in a season of shite.

The only way we'll be able to hang onto him is if we get a new owner, and even then it might be a tough ask. 

If a 20mil bid from a Champs League club came in, it wouldn't matter who owned us - he'd be gone. 

Â