Christian Benteke

Kwan

14 in 27 appearances according to wiki. 10 at least have been top goals.

Such a quality player. The disheartening thing is, if only we had strengthened our back line, we would have the makings of a really decent side. Unfortunately, where we were hoping we could build a team around this Beast; his stock is rising week by week and I am certain now he will not be with us necxt season.

The guy is destined for great things. Unfortunately, we are not right now.

Surely we can hold out for big money? I know we'll have been relegated but he'll have only been here for a season and we've got him on a long deal. I mean, Liverpool paid almost £7m for Adam from relegated Blackpool and Benteke is three times the player he is. Downing is another one. We signed him for £10m-12m from relegated Boro.

Edited by Mantis

Yup, he's a brilliant player.  I really hope that we stay up, so that we can keep him at the club.  If we stay in the league and strengthen in our areas of weakness over the summer, we could really turn a corner and truly start building again.

Yeah if we were to have any chance on keeping him we have to stay up. And freaking get some good players in the squad, no random gambling in the upcoming summer.Buy some proper quality. Imagine it, if we shift out the defense and get some midfielders we could really have good team here imo. Would be absolutely gutted if he ends up in Arsenal in the next window. And you just know the next one will be shit. We have him until 2015 right? 

Did he sign a 3 year deal? If so can't see us being in a strong position to keep him in the summer.

It's going to hurt so much watching him get spurs into the champions league.

4 year deal I think.

Never know, we might be able to hold onto him until next January, sell him to someone like Arsenal for £12m and get him loaned back to us for the rest of the season to help with our promotion push.

Edited by Mantis

His price tag goes up with every goal. I think we could very well triple our investment. When his career is finished, he'll probably be considered the greatest Belgian player of all time. He blends power, poise and finesse, not too unlike Drogba or Ibrahimovic. Legend in the making.

We really should have signed the players we needed to stay up and then in the summer try and build a team around him.

But hey ho, **** that eh Randy. Get a quick buck, go down and replace him in the starting XI with Bowery

Â