Christian Benteke

Kwan

I was simply asked to name 5 'young' strikers who had his goal return this season.  I did that. In addition to that the golden shoe points takes into account the weakness or strength of any particular league. But Benteke is good, best striker since Dublin.

I was simply asked to name 5 'young' strikers who had his goal return this season.  I did that. In addition to that the golden shoe points takes into account the weakness or strength of any particular league. But Benteke is good, best striker since Yorke.

Fixed.

With Benteke it is win win for us.  Either we stay up and keep him for another couple of years or we get relegated we sell him for £20m and use the money (all or some) to rebuild our squad.  Quality signing by PL and great talent spotting.  If he can do that across the spine of our team then we will have a good team.

With Benteke it is win win for us.  Either we stay up and keep him for another couple of years or we get relegated we sell him for £20m and use the money (all or some) to rebuild our squad.  Quality signing by PL and great talent spotting.  If he can do that across the spine of our team then we will have a good team.

Unfortunately I don't agree.

If we go down, the profits from Benteke will probably just go towards cushioning the financial blow from getting relegated and covering the wages of any high earners that we can't get rid of.

I wouldn't sell him for anything less than 30m. He's only going to get better and if a mentally crippled Torres is worth 50m and Carroll is worth 35m then what is this guy really worth? I know that isn't the most sane guideline to use but I feel this lad can go on to be anything he wants to be. 

Edited by PieFacE

I was simply asked to name 5 'young' strikers who had his goal return this season. I did that. In addition to that the golden shoe points takes into account the weakness or strength of any particular league. But Benteke is good, best striker since Dublin.

If you recall I included assists in my request.

Also, goals scored wasn't in your original statement. You said he wasn't amongst the best, you made out like that was a ridiculous statement.

I think you've failed to "prove" that. Opinions though are just that. Agree to disagree.

If anything this is an agent putting a story out there to get him a payrise.Should we sell Bent and stay up we can afford to do this.With WC next year keeping him untill after that where should he perform well would increase worth is the way forward for us.

Gone at the end of the season even if we stay up apparently

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/297595/?

Clubs will need to pay big money if that's the case

Not one quote and you believe it? shame on you!

I don't believe it thats why i put "apparently"

It would take alot more than 16 mill thats for sure

Then again we have a mug for a chairman so he'd probably let him go for 50p and a bag of pork scratchings

If this is the case - put a 30m tag on him to ward off Arsenal and any other teams that can't do this sort of deal with their current income and the ffp rules coming in next year. Looks like BS tho, he's on a 4 year deal, we can keep him for another without trouble.

I don't believe any garbage in the tabloids but I fully expect Tekkers to leave at season's end no matter where Villa end up. He is too good for a struggling side and he has too much to lose if he isn't on the main stage. If you or I was his agent then there is no way we'd be encouraging him to stay at Villa in the summer.

Hopefully his desire to impress the bigger clubs will ensure we get a great run-in from him and we can only hope that leads us to safety and a tidy profit too ..... I think, on current form, £20M is the absolute minimum.

Â