Christian Benteke

Kwan

Benteke has just posted real interview and article on twitter.

Bentekechristian @bentekechris20 3m

dhnet.be/sports/diables-rouges/article/434974/benteke-je-n-irai-pas-au-bras-de-fer-avec-aston-villa.html 

Bentekechristian @bentekechris20 4m

Amazing that a frenchspeaking journalist understands what I really said. I guess that the dutchspeaking journalist need some french lessons

Edited by diehardvillan
  • Like 1

Sorry I was just typing up a translation which my iPad helpfully refreshed before I could post. Key points:

Journo says changing clubs one season before the World Cup could be risky. CB agrees.

Journo asks him if they'll have to wait till midnight on 31st August for his transfer to go through. CB says if he does get transferred he hopes it'll be much quicker.

Journal asks him if he's up for "going to war this time", referring to his last transfer. He says no, that wouldn't achieve anything. He says of course if a good offer came in, he is certain that a compromise could be reached which would suit both sides well [i.e. loads of money for Villa]. And he clarifies that he has no problem with playing an additional season at Villa. The language there is interesting actually, because it suggests that next season definitely would be his last.

Overall, I think he manages to speak both honestly and respectfully.

http://www.dhnet.be/sports/diables-rouges/article/434974/benteke-je-n-irai-pas-au-bras-de-fer-avec-aston-villa.html%C2%A0%E2%80%A6

Benteke: "I will not go to showdown with Aston Villa"

Christian Benteke put his future parentheses to Serbia BRUSSELS 

As lightning, Christian Benteke will not take long to strike.One season in England it will be enough to carve a name and draw the envy of all major gondoliers: "If I went to Aston Villa, is that I was sure to succeed, but it is true that I had no idea it would go so fast. "Remain, will not you? That is now the question that could shake the English summer.

Christian, you feel very serene compared to all these transfer rumors.

"This is normal. I've done my job on the field. Now it's my agent to work (Editor's note: Kismet Eris). I know from my 14 years, I have total confidence in him. But I have asked him not to bother me with it during my period with the Devils. It is for him to handle everything that aspect. I have to work on the ground. "

Exactly one year of the World Cup, another club may appear risky.

"Sure. When the situation arises, I will weigh the pros and cons. I have already told my family that I will do with them choice. I do not have the right to make mistakes. "

Because some Lukaku just around the corner. You could yet play two.

"We must tell the manager (Marc Wilmots) is right there. (Smile) But I still believe we can grow together, but it is necessary to distinguish dreams from reality. Maybe if we find ourselves in the same club, they manage to convince him to join us. "(Smile)

It will again wait until August 31 at midnight to see you transferred?

"Not. (Smile) I hope that if I leave the club, it will be faster this time. I remember very well that night, but I've never been afraid that my transfer to Aston Villa top. "

Why?

"Because I am a very religious, as my agent. From the moment we had done our best, the rest does not belong to us. If I had stayed in Genk, is that God wanted some way. "

You still have contacts with people from Racing?

"Yes, I sent a message of congratulations to Mario Been. He replied in English 'You're welcome Christian'! "

But if Arsenal comes, you are ready to go to war this time?

"Not. It would be pointless to go to showdown. Anyway, I think we do not need. If the opportunity arises, I'm sure we can come to a compromise where everyone one wins. But I have no problem to stay another season at Aston Villa. I feel really good!And then there is a huge trust in me. "

Edited by AVFCforever1991

I have no problem to stay another season at Aston Villa. I feel really good! And then there is a huge trust in me. "

That's all i needed to hear.

Might have been better if Lambert hadnt said anything? Just adds fuel to the fire. Really the club should keep quiet, wait til the international are over and then have a serious chat with Benteke and his agent about what is/isn't going on.

I was listening to Talksport this morning, where Lambert's quotes have been taken from. It was a simple phone interview, talking about Dortmund and the Champions League Final. Then, they mentioned Benteke and Lambert said fairly straight-forward answers. He said he hadn't fully read the quotes so he wasn't best placed to comment, but then he said the bits about him being a young guy, having the world at his feet, having much to learn still and that he's only been in the country for 10 months.

I don't think Lambert said much wrong. But I just hope that Benteke doesn't see Lambert's comments and take them the wrong way!

His agent is on SSN now.

Said that the French newspaper reported it correctly but the Dutch journalist misinterpreted it. Also said that he is more than happy to stay. Agent came across well, complimented Villa.

• Like 1

In summary

* CB is happy at Villa

* Dutch Journo misquoted CB

* Good relationship with Lambert "like father and son"

* Would move only if all parties were happy

* Nothing will happen for another week.

The way his agent was coming across, it sounds like CB is happy to stay next season, but will look to move in 2014 after the World Cup. Seems reasonable to me.

• Like 3

Yep seems the best thing for him. He can nail down his World Cup place by continuing to impress as our star player in a formation that plays to his strengths. Then have a great World Cup and get a big money move and it's win/win for both Villa and Benteke. 

• Like 1

The only way he's staying with us after next year (if he has another great season) is if we finish top 4 and that ain't happening.

Even when we were close to finishing top 4 our best players wanted out, were a stepping stone club now

Edited by Jimzk5

And even after his agent has come on SSN to dismiss rumours and say he was misquoted BBC take the quote from his agent that suggests he might leave. What a bunch of words removed.

Edited by limvillian

The only way he's staying with us after next year (if he has another great season) is if we finish top 4 and that ain't happening.

Even when we were close to finishing top 4 our best players wanted out, were a stepping stone club now

Truth is every team outside the top 2/3 is now a feeder club for the rest, i am afraid this is the natural consequence of current structure of football in the premier league

Â