Christian Benteke

Kwan

We need to keep this guy here and by doing so we need to offer him a fat **** off contract that will reflect this.

I don't see a reason why we shouldn't give him, say, a third of Bent's wages as a raise when we sell Bent.

What I loved about him last night was that he went crazy every time he made a mis-pass or mis-control. You could see how disgusted with himself he was. He is so determined to win and score.

That tackle towards the end was outstanding. His finishing needs work, he has gone for placement a few times this season when he needed to put his foot through it. It looks great when they go in but from that distance you have to hit it.

Top header though for the goal.

I think his whole game is impressive. He holds, he creates and he WILL miss some sitters now and then.....but, as we've seen, he also knows how to put them away. We might just have a proper jewel on our hands here.

Fantastic player. He brings an excitement back to Villa Park which has been missing for a while.

I do worry about him and Gabby "burning out" though. I can't imagine what we'd be like without this lad now, we're so dependent on him already. But he could do with a game off really but that feels like too much of a risk.

Apart from his goal I didn't really think he was at the races last night.

He wasnt throwing himself around and holding up play the way he can do. That said, he won us the game.

but he did what he is paid to do, score goals

we had a forward before who used to put himself about and give his all going for all headers and the like .. it was emule heskey

forwards need to be able to score as thats their job

i dont understand ( not you personally) but this mentality that a player is not working hard, is guzan meant to do push ups and sit ups and jog on the spot when he is not saving the ball? becasue he wouldnt be working hard other wise

same goes with forwards, if you have a goal scorer his job isnt to run like forest gump all game, its to score goals

i bet the same people moan that a spin bowler doesnt smash 100 runs each game of cricket when its their turn to bat.

different positions require different types of work, otherwise any player could play anywhere on the pitch

Fantastic player. He brings an excitement back to Villa Park which has been missing for a while.

I do worry about him and Gabby "burning out" though. I can't imagine what we'd be like without this lad now, we're so dependent on him already. But he could do with a game off really but that feels like too much of a risk.

This is why we should keep Bent to the end of the season.

but he did what he is paid to do, score goals

we had a forward before who used to put himself about and give his all going for all headers and the like .. it was emule heskey

forwards need to be able to score as thats their job

i dont understand ( not you personally) but this mentality that a player is not working hard, is guzan meant to do push ups and sit ups and jog on the spot when he is not saving the ball? becasue he wouldnt be working hard other wise

same goes with forwards, if you have a goal scorer his job isnt to run like forest gump all game, its to score goals

i bet the same people moan that a spin bowler doesnt smash 100 runs each game of cricket when its their turn to bat.

different positions require different types of work, otherwise any player could play anywhere on the pitch

I'm not saying he had a bag game, I appreciate that he basically won it for us. But we've all seen him play better than that, would you not agree?

We've seen him play better granted. But he still had a good game by the standard of every other striker we've had during the past 10 years or so.

He is, basically, John Carew. Only he's 21 and hopefully a little less "colourful".

I'd say Benteke has potential to be quite a bit better than Carew. At least so far Benteke's workrate and drive have been better than I ever saw from Carew's.

We've seen him play better granted. But he still had a good game by the standard of every other striker we've had during the past 10 years or so.

He is, basically, John Carew. Only he's 21 and hopefully a little less "colourful".

As has been said, he scored so it's job done. A little like Guzan in goal keeping a clean sheet - that's all that really needs to be said. I just think he could have showed for the ball a bit more, like he did against Manchester United. Despite not scoring, I was more impressed with his contribution in that game than I was from last night's match.

Â