Christian Benteke

Kwan

Going OT

That O'Leary season sums us up as a premier league club, finished 6th on goal difference the year that the FA changed the rule to allow the runners up of the FA cup in to Europe

Our sense of timing is one of our biggest downfalls

• Like 1

David O'Leary finished 6th, thats higher than nearly all Villa managers in Premier League era

To paint the full picture, he finished 6th...

Then 10th...

Then 16th...

So he took us from John Gregory level to Paul Lambert level in 3 short seasons.

What a guy!

• Like 2

so what did he say that was so bad? Liverpool are a big club.  Bigger than us. And it will be a good career move really. If ever wants to play for an elite side hes going to need to show he can do it for a side like liverpool.

obviously hope he fails as i hate liverpool. If them quotes are going to earn you couple £k and its the truth...i dont blame him at all for saying it

bit OT: how much do people earn for providing quotes like that (or to provide a news story)? I might be massively over estimating how much.

Edited by gharperr

I'm Just surprised he called Lambert at all. Nearly ruined him last season. 

Perhaps it was one of those dodgy moments. You know, when you dial someone by accident with your arse, like your gran and you have to make polite conversation.

• Like 1

so what did he say that was so bad? Liverpool are a big club. Bigger than us. And it will be a good career move really. If ever wants to play for an elite side hes going to need to show he can do it for a side like liverpool.

obviously hope he fails as i hate liverpool. If them quotes are going to earn you couple £k and its the truth...i dont blame him at all for saying it

bit OT: how much do people earn for providing quotes like that (or to provide a news story)? I might be massively over estimating how much.

Its not just this comment, he's been in the press loads lately giving his "expert" opinion on all villa related issues. Conveniently forgetting if he did his own job properly we might not be in the mess were in, which he's very happy to talk about but takes no responsibility for. Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 2

From what i read he seems to say/admit that he couldn't see the woods for the trees at the end ....Hence traipsing through Europe ( on his severence pay) talking to all the managers that can.

....thats about the way i seen it too.

He's just another one that has prospered from the charade of footballs gravy train.

so what did he say that was so bad?

He said Liverpool are a "big, big club".

That is just bollocks. They are a formerly major club now slipped to a top 10 club. In the past 5 seasons they have finished 6th-8th apart from 2013-4 when Suarez had a standout season. They do Europa League as default and Benteke can do better than that.

Obviously they are bigger than us but to paint them as a major club where Benteke will flourish is just foolish. Liverpool are a stepping stone to greater things, just as we were.

There's also just a tiny question in my mind as to whether Lambert may actually have encouraged this move.

Apart from all that, great, no worries at all with his statements.

There's also just a tiny question in my mind as to whether Lambert may actually have encouraged this move.

Hmmmm, makes you wonder.....I still think, he thinks he's done his bit for us....and wants a new challenge

He said Liverpool are a "big, big club".

That is just bollocks. They are a formerly major club now slipped to a top 10 club. In the past 5 seasons they have finished 6th-8th apart from 2013-4 when Suarez had a standout season. They do Europa League as default and Benteke can do better than that.

Obviously they are bigger than us but to paint them as a major club where Benteke will flourish is just foolish. Liverpool are a stepping stone to greater things, just as we were.

Apart from all that, great, no worries at all with his statements.

but they are big big club. Theyre not elite/major club anymore like liverpool fans think they are. Villa are a big club, newcastle are a big club. Liverpool is on the next level to that

Im sure he did encourage the move. I imagine majority of villa players encouraged the move and majority of people in the world would have aswell. Hes done literally everything he can for villa and still the top4/elite teams are not in for him  or are interested for the price. Hes got this move and 1 more left of his career. If he dominates and is as good as everybody says he is....then he will easily be sold to an elite team in 2/3 years when hes 26/27. This is the next level step in his career and would have been encouraged by majority of people.

We dont dominate the ball enough or play in tight spaces for the elite teams to be interested in him. If he shows he can do it for liverpool, he will get his move to champs league in the future. Heck, even i encourage the move in terms of just thinking about his career alone (obv dont want him to leave and plop fans dont deserve him). Benteke/lambert will be seeing liverpool as a stepping stone

Sounds petty to flaming on a guy for just saying how it is (ofc if hes just constantly speaking about villa like pieface has said its different, but this story in isolation is not bad at all)

Edited by gharperr

Shut the **** up Lambert, bloke is an utter bellend. Can't believe how long it took us to sack him.

Like half the players he signed they should all be scouting out League 1 teams as that's where they will be heading.

Â