Christian Benteke

Kwan

Will be sad to see him go, but for me his departure has felt inevitable since his transfer request two years ago.

At least him leaving won't seem quite as sour after today's events. A very good price for a very good player.

Of the two players we have looked like losing recently Benteke was the one I would rather have kept at our club (the name of the other one escapes me now).

If he wants to play every game he should stay where he is. Just because Liverpool might want you (although not enough to do a deal without trying to barter the price down and then seeking to do the deal on the never-never) it does not mean you have to sign for them because nobody else wants to meet your sell on clause either.

Reject their offer and tell the world that you unlike another player whose name you do not recall are loyal to Aston Villa and their fans.

Or risk sitting on a bench next season and at Euro 16 as has someone else whose name escapes me once again. 

• Like 1

John, it's futile, he can't hear you, let it go. We will be ok.

Let's just pray that they fail, then we can all feel a little better.

http://youtu.be/DgMl9qBTBq0

Currently watching the Sunderland away game. One of 7 late season villa victories I have on the v box I decided to keep and Watch close season but have not done so as fa cup performance has left me empty. Was going to delete them all with the Delph fiasco but when I remembered the score I thought it might cheer me up. What it is reminding me is just how good benteke is. . Not just the goals but all round play. Sunderland were awful but he is so good. my point is that I don't blame him for leaving. Like Delph he should have kept his mouth shut and not banged on about a champions league team because with Liverpool it now looks like (because he is) settling for a team which despite being a massive step up from us (which they are so who can blame him) are second best (which the unquestionably are) Liverpool are a dinosaur who are living off past greatness. Their past greatness is more recent than ours and undoubtedly greater than ours but is still a past greatness. They nearly rekindled it on the back of an extraordinary season from the biter but they missed it. So what makes me mad is Delph a distinctly average player who was good for us gets a top 4 team but benteke who is good enough to doesn't. My solace in in 1 or 2 years from now Liverpool fans will be bitching and beating when Chelsea or arsenal or ure or real realise they should have taken him off us for 32.5m. Plop will get 49m of course and benteke gets finally what he deserves with Delph on loan to Sunderland etc

Edited by sidcow

Just like to say that not all Liverpool fans are against the Benteke signing.

I think he's **** brilliant, pace, power, skill, scores a variety of awesome goals and really hope it goes through without a hitch. With Firmino and Coutinho playing behind him it really does bode well for us and Benteke.

It's embarrassing that we've **** around on the price whilst complaining about the City pursuit of Stirling, guess all owners are just **** rocket polishers really.

Anyhow, hope you lot spend the well deserved £32m well.

Cheers mate.

just hope we get too spend the money from the sale (less Genk part) and hope we spend wisely, the two rarely happen in football

Just being able to spend the money from transfers is a rarity for us, let alone spending it wisely;)

John, it's futile, he can't hear you, let it go. We will be ok.

Let's just pray that they fail, then we can all feel a little better.

I don't think they will see doubling their wages as failure, even if earn it by sitting on their arses.

Just like to say that not all Liverpool fans are against the Benteke signing.

I think he's **** brilliant, pace, power, skill, scores a variety of awesome goals and really hope it goes through without a hitch. With Firmino and Coutinho playing behind him it really does bode well for us and Benteke.

It's embarrassing that we've **** around on the price whilst complaining about the City pursuit of Stirling, guess all owners are just **** rocket polishers really.

Anyhow, hope you lot spend the well deserved £32m well.

are you sure your a Liverpool fan with that common sense  :detect:

in fairness a couple of them I have spoken to think he be a good signing as well

Â