Christian Benteke

Kwan

There's only so much you can do with the same diagonal ball into the box every single time. Especially when you've got Per Mertesacker cutting it out every time.

Agreed - but his touch was **** awful today.

All week stories of him being sold not he has a bad game and same journo's mocking him.

The whole team was poor , Benteke is good but he not bloody Messi he can't single handedly beat a team on his own.

If he is sold, we increase our chances of being relegated 10 fold. Highly doubt we can find someone with the money Sherwood would be given to replace Benteke. I think a few key signings and another season with us will turn Benteke into a 20+ goal scorer. 

I think we have no plan B at the moment. Once Arsenal nullified our threat with smart tactics we didn't know what to do.

Yep, for the past few weeks we've become one dimensional. For all Tim's comments about getting it to the big man ASAP we were actually doing it in a variety of ways and not just hoofing it. Then we find ourselves getting spanked by Southampton and all we've done during and since that game is launch it forward to him from midfield.

Edited by sexbelowsound

terrible final performance from him. why would he stay when he surrounded by poor losers

D

terrible final performance from him. why would he stay when he surrounded by poor losers

Do any of your posts not look like they have been written by a petulant child?

Read the guidelines  post on posters is not allowed son, your post adds nothing to this debate 

• Like 1

Was talking on AVTV about how "we need to do better next season" and that "we are going to try to build something strong".

Read into that as you will.

I took it as him simply just saying the right things, but I don't believe his head has been fully turned yet. Still believe there's a chance he could stay another year, or maybe until January so he can assess if there has been any improvement under Tim.

Edited by myko

I wouldn't be surprised if he signed a new contract with a similar release clause. He gets an extra £20k a week and his dream move after the euros, we get one more season and £30-40 mil next season. Win-win

Edited by dweldon1

I think the time is now right for both parties....providing we get the right offer.

We need the money to build and boy,do we need to build....Despite his presence we have flirted with relegation for 4 seasons and that is not blaming him, but it could be argued he is better to us in pounds on the table, because we simply do not have the players around him to capitialise fully on his abilities.

• Like 3

An ideal position would be for him to sign a one year extension on better wages and stick around until after the Euros next summer.

He'd have 2 years left on his contract and we could still pick up a reasonable fee for him.

He's gone.

I'm already worried about replacing him because we won't.

Our whole game and set up will need to change!

Hope he goes to a proper club and not the circus that is Liverpool

Of course he had a bad game

He was up front on his own isolated for most of the game and had Mertesacker Koscielney and Sczezny sat on his face

He's a great player but not superhuman

Of course but we still need to replace his goals and I'd be confident that a replacement like Austin would provide that.

As I said in another thread....players come and go that is the inevitability of it, sooner or later another great striker will pop up from somewhere and be a hero of the Holte End.

Look at the timeline since the 1970s...

Brian Little.........Peter Withe.....Andy Gray.....McNally (well he gets in the song).......Dwight Yorke......Dion Dublin.........JPA (not as good as those but still well loved).........Carew.............Darren Bent (first 6 months)......Benteke.

Â