Christian Benteke

Kwan

32 mil for Benteke would be a great piece of business. It would allow Sherwood to shape the squad however he liked if allowed to reinvest. Barring a major post takeover cash influx our realistic ambition for next season would be to finish around 8th-12th. We don't need Benteke for that, he's too good for 8th-12th. 32 mil invested in the squad would be better long term.

So with Benteke in the squad we just about stay up, but we don't need him to finish 8-12th  :huh: ???

Is Lambert still in charge? 

The arguments about cashing in whilst we can, or not cashing in cos he will earn us more money than we will lose. Both those arguments don't seem to take into account how much money/luck (probably both) it would take to actually replace him on the field next season. He's a huge part of this team. We have a lot of good players who work well together and he is a vital part of that. No amount of money will cover that. For every Benteke or Bony, there is an Alfonso Alves.

Not just Delph and Benteke, we have for the first time in a long time a very strong and young spine forming Clark/Okore > Delph/Westwood/Cleverly >Grealish> Benteke. All key players, which kept together and growing together should see us very comfortable and competitive in the future. Benteke will eventually get his move to a top, top team. It would annoy me if he took a nothingy step to Liverpool or Spurs next season though. I'd like to think he can still improve with us for another few years. 

• Like 2

There's a great Twitter account called RAWK-meltdown, where they print the ridiculously self-deluded nonsense from Liverpool fans who post rubbish like that on the RAWK forums.  It's hilarious.  Benteke, fat indeed.  Not to sound like a bumder or anything, but I doubt there's a finer physical specimen in the Premier League.  He looks like he's chiselled out of granite.  Ask the Liverpool defenders from the semi if they think he's fat or lacks mobility.

• Like 3

A lot of them aren't even annoyed about the price tag. They're literally spitting feathers at the thought of signing Benteke. It's absolutely mental.

We buy benteke, At all, Never mind for 30 mil, then I want Rodgers gone that very second. Utter shite

@Sean_Fulton96 Hahaha, true. Benteke or Heskey, both shit...

• Like 1

I hope that when the standard derisory bid comes in, whoever answers the phone does that thing where you say "hold on I just need to put my hearing aid in" then puts the phone in the drawer.

• Like 1

I don't know whats worse Deluded Liverpool fans thinking they are too good for Benteke or The idea of Benteke actually going to Liverpool in the first place

He deserves to be playing for a champions league side he is too good to be gracing the europa league

Speaking of Andy Carroll he went for what 35 mill? 32 Mill for Benteke would be a bargain in comparison to that useless sack of shite

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 1

Team got relegated ergo player is not good enough despite scoring lots of goals - Liverpool fan logic

have a look at any speculation thread on here. Villa fans arent that much better :(

In the Daily Mail about Kane being Man Utds top target..... and them expecting to pay £45m at least for him  :mellow:  :mellow:  :mellow:  :mellow:  :mellow:  :mellow: .

I know it's all probably a load of bollox and of course he has the english VAT added onto his price tag. But Benteke is 100% > Kane so how much is he worth then?

Dybala's moving to Juve for about 25m isn't he? He's a good player but Seria A is a much weaker league nowadays so with Benteke back on form 30m minimum.

These Liverpool fans, you'd thought they'd all be bowing down to his feet after having Balotelli there for a season. How much did he cost them again?

Can Liverpool even afford him btw, obviously they had the mad year of spending under Dalglish and then the Suarez windfall but in all the other seasons FSG have been pretty frugal in the market and all I'm seeing this season is them being linked to Ings and Milner who'll be on frees and even Walcott will have reduced value with one year left on his deal.

IMO they'll only have serious money to play with this summer if they sell Sterling.

Â