Christian Benteke

Kwan

Much sharper then what we've seen previous this season. A bit rusty though. So unlucky not to get a goal, seems to lack some confidence when it comes to shooting. But only upwards from here I assume!

Is he our new DM? :o Haven't seen him deep in the striker position too much.

Reckon it was due to fitness to be honest, still a decent performance though so hopefully he gets back in form.

Was so unlucky not to score!

He was much better today. Knackered after an hour admittedly and still lacking in confidence but he'll score soon enough and that will evaporate. He had a right old tussle with their center half and at times he came out second best, but the biggest win for us in that scenario was that their center half HAD to concentrate, completely, on Christian Benteke. Already we can see how much time and space that creates for the likes of Gabby and Weimann. 

Big turn around for us from an attacking sense. 

So close to scoring what would have been a very good goal.

This is why I always want him in the team, no disrespect to Kozak but I dont expect him to skin a defender put him on his backside and then score, Benteke can do that.

Would also give him 60 minutes or so v Sheff Utd, see if he can get that goal.

There was a highlight on MOTD where he had a good shot saved by the keeper and then it fell back to him and he missed the ball completely. After he did that he just sulked even though the attack was still going on and it was still a good goalscoring opportunity with the ball bouncing around in the area but he wasn't even watching, he was just walking facing away from play. THAT bothered me.

There was a highlight on MOTD where he had a good shot saved by the keeper and then it fell back to him and he missed the ball completely. After he did that he just sulked even though the attack was still going on and it was still a good goalscoring opportunity with the ball bouncing around in the area but he wasn't even watching, he was just walking facing away from play. THAT bothered me.
I think you'll find he could barely breath after making that run. If you watched the game they zoomed in on him and he was blowing out his arse at that point in the game so he did well to make the run in the first place. Definitely wasn't sulking, played to the end and gave it his all despite barely being able to walk Edited by villaglint
  • Like 1

I think you'll find he could barely breath after making that run. If you watched the game they zoomed in on him and he was blowing out his arse at that point in the game so he did well to make the run in the first place. Definitely wasn't sulking, played to the end and gave it his all despite barely being able to walk

Fair enough. Out of context it didn't look like that but I'll take your word because I didn't watch the game and I know what MOTD are like...

Â