Christian Benteke

Kwan

Bollocks.

May well be too be honest I don't even know whether to believe it and I was stood right in front of the bloke telling me. I don't expect people on a message board to believe it.

What I do know about this guy is that he is mates with some of the younger generation of Villa players.

Well whoever told you that he "could" have gone for 7m is talking absolute rubbish, spurs tried 18m and it wasn't enough so would 7m be enough?

Who knows what goes on in the world of football pal I believe less and less about what I hear in the media these days. I am guessing Spurs bid 18m is what you heard in the media? Genuine question as I don't really know what to believe these days.

Well yea all fee and figures are reported in the media unless you are genuinely itk thats all you have to go on, there was plenty of journos saying spurs were just not willing to pay the 25m we wanted for him, i didnt see any stories of a 7m bid because that would have been laughable.

Got a funny feeling he might go.

Think he might too, the only silver lining is that right now he'll be absolutely no loss

Agree, it would make sense with what Lambert has said. Also think if we can use the money well we will finish top 10.

I think in Benteke we have a world class striker who has hit a rough patch, as many strikers do, I think he will have a solid 2nd half of the season and will help to pull us clear of danger. I really really hope we can keep hold of him for at least the remainder of this season, I think Gabby will start getting on the scoresheet more too as a result of Benteke hitting form again also.

Up the Villa!

Heard today that he will leave and go to either Arsenal or Chelsea for 25 million. Also heard that he could of gone for 7 million in the summer but Villa convinced him to sign a new contract and paid him a decent amount of cash to sign it.

Not been injured and has been training most days.

I don't know whether to believe the above or not but thought I would post it. The lad I work with uses a players season ticket and drives him to games.

Also said Baker is a clearing in the woods and Albrighton never wanted to come back from his loan.

Thanks for passing this on.

My opinion , I dont think Tekkers is going anywhere but who knows. Its always good to get some player gossip.

Cheers!

hows the sunderland back 4 looking? i know brown is out which is a major plus if u ask me. think if he (big ben) starts today we'll see him back. just a lucky 1 to go in off his arse and he'll be flying again lol

Edited by cosofsaunders

No reason for us to sell him in January. He would be worth less and we gave him a much improved contract. I doubt Lambert would want to pay him 60k a week for 6 months for him just to leave. Makes no sense. He signed a 5 year contract with no buyout clause. We have the control here. 

Â