Christian Benteke

Kwan

Without a doubt, his misses are costing us games. If he was scoring I am sure the team would be a little more relaxed.

Yep, since that penalty missed against Everton he's not looked sure in front of goal when he's played.

Always thought that header against Fulham at 0-0 was a key moment too.

• Like 2

Not writing him off. Clearly confidence plays a massive part in his game, let's see what happens after he scores next. Suspect he will go on a run. In hindsight maybe we should have sold him but until today he has only missed a couple of guilt-edged chances.

It's starting to look like we should have cashed in on him over the summer...after today, Lerner might just sanction a move this month.

No chance of selling him after Kozak's injury. 

He's obviously got the ability in his locker but he's having a mare of a second season. 

Can't believe people are suggesting we should have sold him.

Who in their right mind would sell a striker who has just netted 19 PL goals?

Can you imagine the anti-Lambert brigade now if we had have sold him, given our struggle to score goals.

Given hindsight, I would have gone to Arsenal, 1st game of the season, I would have invested in Taylor Wimpey shares at 4p but are now £1.00 & I would not have drunk all those Jagger bombs at Stoke.

I'm convinced Benteke will come good again. Whether he will reach the level we predicted 12 months ago is another question.

• Like 4

He's got Juan Pabloitis and it's no real surprise. How many times does it happen in football? A player has a good season and gets a bigger deal. He then plays crap for a couple of seasons before coming good again just in time to earn a new deal.

Hope I'm wrong but is it pyre coincidence that he, Weimann and Westwood are all so poor this season after being given pay increases in the summer? I know Guzan, Clark and Baker got improved deals but you can argue that they've each got more of an affinity to Villa with their previous history with the club.

Well no doubt Ashley "Hoddle" Westwood, who you so adore Stef was setting up chance after chance for him, as always.

I suggest you look up the goal scorers for Villa this year.Apart from Benteke and Kozak, who scores?....Gabby 2 or 3, and then KEA.Thats the problem

Well no doubt Ashley "Hoddle" Westwood, who you so adore Stef was setting up chance after chance for him, as always.

Try to debate the point in hand, rather than attacking the poster.

I suggest you look up the goal scorers for Villa this year.Apart from Benteke and Kozak, who scores?....Gabby 2 or 3, and then KEA.Thats the problem

And you're arguing with yourself here because you said:

Unfortunately he is our only goalscorer atm.

Still rate him.Needs better players around him.

I suggest you look up the definition of the word 'only'.

And I suppose the chances he spurned were the fault of 'worse players'?

definition....Standing alone by reason of superiority or excellence

Still rate him.Needs better players around him.

I suggest you look up the definition of the word 'only'.

And I suppose the chances he spurned were the fault of 'worse players'?

definition....Standing alone by reason of superiority or excellence

Tosh.

Edited by StefanAVFC

No way should we have sold him in the summer if he agreed to stay. You'd be mad to do that and nobody on here was upset when he signed a new contract.

He had a few chances today but overall he's lacking support and service. We move the ball so slowly in the final 3rd.

We're playing a 3rd division team, granted CB should do better, but who else missed chances?.....surely against a team 2 divisions below us we had chance after chance, however, we did'nt did we? Yes CB should do better, he IS better, i'm not sure anyone else is though.

Making Weimann look like a decent player at the moment.

Benteke's a superb centre forward who is out of form and lacking confidence. Weimann is crap and always will be.

ed0.gif

It all makes sense now... I'll email Lambert!  :)

• Like 2

Â