Christian Benteke

Kwan

we'll clearly see that next year when a better team sign him

Clearly trying to provoke other people.

It's always everybody else's fault. Benteke could miss multiple chances and it would be still 'the lack of quality around the team'.

• Like 1

Why's that?

I think benteke is quality and i think he will probably be sold in the summer and show that quality at another team. Is that really such a controversial view?

I think it's a case of getting one goal then a shed load will follow. Just don't know when that first goal will come though.

Will it though? Everyone is just assuming that but i think people just need to accept that it was a very good season for him last year and he's likely not going to get in that kind of form this season atleast.

You post this

Try to debate the point in hand, rather than attacking the poster.

Then 4 hours later in a different thread post

Genuine question. Did you punctuation keys fall off?

Mind blowing hypocrisy.

i just dont see him coming good again no doubt he will et a goal sooner or later and still think he is a quality player but i think last season was the best ur ever gonna see from him i hope im proved wrong

I think he will produce it again. Look at his finishes earlier this year against chelsea and newcastle. A badly timed injury, a niggling injury on international duty, low confidence and teams focusing on him more have all played a part in him struggling.

• Like 1

It's always everybody else's fault. Benteke could miss multiple chances and it would be still 'the lack of quality around the team'.

Kozak's fault I imagine.

You post this

Try to debate the point in hand, rather than attacking the poster.

Then 4 hours later in a different thread post

Genuine question. Did you punctuation keys fall off?

Mind blowing hypocrisy.

Conveniently dismiss the context :-)

I think that Benteke is a player of enormous potential - he's not realising that potential at the moment, but he has the ability to be the player he was last season and more. Last seasons powerful, explosive bully was nowhere to be seen today and he seemed to have lost a bit of his oomph. He got bullied which doesn't happen when he's at his best.

He gets the benefit of the doubt from me because he's had an injury disrupted season - he looked like a player today who was trying to get his pre-season in during the middle of the year. He needs to get up to speed and quickly, both for us and for himself in a world cup year. If he doesn't reach his potential, then I think it's on him, not on this club; he has to want it.

Why's that?

I think benteke is quality and i think he will probably be sold in the summer and show that quality at another team. Is that really such a controversial view?

Ah! The get-out clause of "probably".  Excellent work.

Why's that?

Ah! The get-out clause of "probably". Excellent work.

Haha what? Many thought he would leave last summer is it crazy to think he will leave this summer?

Normally I sit in the Upper North which gives you a good overall view of the game, where space is etc but for the Sheffield game I was in the Lower Holte.

Obviously it's a very different view and opens up a completely different perspective and for me, it's not that Benteke isn't trying it's that he is nowhere near fit. He needs to rest.

I know resting him is a big gamble as he's our best player by a distance but in my opinion, playing him is doing more harm than good at the moment.

He looked uncomfortable and was clearly struggling in his movement. This seemed to be frustrating him as clearly his physical injury hasn't hampered his thinking and you could see he was becoming annoyed with himself when he wasn't able to move how he would have liked to.

There was frustration regarding his team mates lack of movement, which is why I think he was impressed as I was when Helenius came on and at least started to shake the defenders up a little and Benteke threaded a lovely ball through to Helenius where he was unlucky not to have reached it as it could have been a very good chance for a second goal.

That may have been a good example of what I am saying, as if Benteke was in a bit better condition, the ball through may have been weighted better.

He is clearly struggling physically and it's having a negative impact on his mentality; his confidence etc.

• Like 4

Â