Christian Benteke

Kwan

I don't think he wants to be here and is doing a Yorke so we drop our value.

But we're not going to sell him in January unless we get a good enough offer, can you see any of the 'big clubs' making a good offer for him? I can't.

I can't to be honest, but who knows what might happen.

I honestly believe teams know how to deal with him now, know how to track his runs, keep him quiet. As a result of this he's getting frustrated and lacking effort and enthusiasm. He needs to adjust his game and show himself as a top striker. Whether he can or not, I don't know, but we've seen enough raw ability in him to suggest he can.

I honestly believe teams know how to deal with him now, know how to track his runs, keep him quiet. As a result of this he's getting frustrated and lacking effort and enthusiasm. He needs to adjust his game and show himself as a top striker. Whether he can or not, I don't know, but we've seen enough raw ability in him to suggest he can.

It's not that. It doesn't take PL managers that long to figure a player out. Last season he was unstoppable because we were a much stronger attacking unit. This year Andi has been awful and Gabby hasn't been consistently fit so Benteke is the only threat and teams can afford to stick a couple of players on him. If you've got a front 3 all in form, there's no stopping him

I think he is frustrated with quality of players he is playing with

Then surely he should make chances for himself? He was up against John O'Shea today, somebody I am pretty sure he could out pace, out power and out play. He didn't though, he let O'Shea bully him and complained after every aerial challenge. He also did a lot of walking and very light jogging today.

I honestly feel that it must be the injury, I don't think anybody could be so stupid to throw away such a bright start to their career because they don't want to be here or can't be arsed.

As things stand, players like Remy will be the ones that the big clubs look at in the Summer and Lukaku will be the man that Belgium look to. That doesn't bode well at all for Benteke this season or for his future. 

Hopefully he'll realise that he can be substituted off after all and try to push on over the next few games.

I think he is frustrated with quality of players he is playing with

This isn't an excuse and I'm fed up of hearing it.

Exactly. These are the same players that he scored 23 goals last season with.

Was banging them in during Pre season , started season well so I don't buy this he doesn't care theoryTo me lack's confidence and not moving freely since his injury.That said with ball at his feet he had some good chances some nice cross field balls.

Needs get fitness back and desperately needs a goal

• Like 1

I said after the WBA album I'd drop him, let him get his fitness back fully and clear his head. I stand by that still. Give Kozak a go as he's a bit of an unknown entity to other teams. Hopefully Christian will come back stronger.

Benteke 5 lge goals this year, Weimann 1, Gabby 0, don't replace CB, get rid of Weimann and Gabby.Both awful todeay, absolutely no goal threat from either.

Weimann and Gabby don't play that role. Weimann maybe should be dropped but absolutely not Gabby.

Benteke plays like he's not even a Villa player anymore. Drops in form I can accept but this doesn't really look like bad form. It looks more like he can't be arsed.

There is always a risk of this sort of thing happening if you persuade a player to stay when they really want to leave.

Let's hope that's not what's happening here, and it's just a temporary loss of form , or (my sneaking suspicion) he was rushed back from injury too early and is suffering for that.

Either way, perhaps he should be dropped for a couple of games to help him regain his hunger and sharpness. Bring him back for the Man U game - if he can't get motivated for that...

Edited by briny_ear

Benteke 5 lge goals this year, Weimann 1, Gabby 0, don't replace CB, get rid of Weimann and Gabby.Both awful todeay, absolutely no goal threat from either.

Total nonsense. There was a stat earlier in this thread that a large % of Benteke's goals came when those 2 were on the pitch. Could it be the other way around that Benteke can't score without them?

• Like 1

Â