Christian Benteke

Kwan

Its too easy just to say he doesn't give a shit. His body language is no different to last season he's a player who's low on confidence that's all.

He never jumped for the ball today when up against oshea and was always caught on his wrong side. He won every 50/50 header last season, didnt even attempt to win them today and gave cheap free after free away because of it.

Im glad Bentekke is at Villa and his form will only be temporary. However i will say this, i'll never love Bentekke like i do guzan/gabby/petrov after his antics in the summer. Can say he was young and was badly advised but there just excuses to me.

Benteke was very poor today and he didn't look like he could be arsed - reminded me of Ashley Young before he joined Redscum. However the service to him was also VERY poor. We are too slow in our build up play and have no urgency about us generalyl we take 3 mins to take a corner.

No.

Even if he doesn't live up to last season, over the last few games, we have no one ready to step in to Benteke's shoes. May as well gamble on him getting back to form and having a decent world cup.

I'd 'rest' him against Soton.

I dont buy this not interested thing that people are mentioning. He hasn't been playing well since coming back from the injury which seems to indicate that he hasn't recovered fully, It's up to the coaching staff to get him back to 100% and if that means resting him a week or two so be it.

Can someone explain what's happened from the first few games to now that means he now doesn't give a shit?

Must be a coincidence that he looks like he doesn't give a shit when coming back from an injury?

He looks frustrated to me.

The reasons why are actually irrelevant. He hasn't scored in 7 so his form warrants a rest. And it means he'll come back more determined.

Then why is he getting such stick?

Majority of our young players have been defended on here when playing poorly yet easily the best young player we've probably ever had doesn't get the same treatment.

As I said in another thread, there are too many bodies around him. Gabby and Weimann keep coming in field and are sitting in and around Benteke, too close for them to play off him. Added to this three central midfield players who are narrow and too close together, giving no space for any balls into Benteke.

Too narrow, Gabby and Andi are playing too close to Benteke and aren't going out wide, which means Benteke can be easily marked as those two players aren't dragging defenders away as they were last year.

I would drop him v Saints and bring in Kozak for a run. I'd also drop Weimann for Albrighton.

The other option would be to play Kozak & Weimann as a front 2.

Albrighton for Weimann I have no issues with as they're probably about as good as each other anyway, although Weimann should have the edge unless Albrighton is on better form than we knew.

As for Kozak, a half bit Benteke is still better than him. Benteke managed a couple of good diagonal passes to play Bacuna etc on the wings in even if he did nothing else offensively. Kozak goes entire games without achieving anything of note at all.

I would drop him v Saints and bring in Kozak for a run. I'd also drop Weimann for Albrighton.

The other option would be to play Kozak & Weimann as a front 2.

Albrighton for Weimann I have no issues with as they're probably about as good as each other anyway, although Weimann should have the edge unless Albrighton is on better form than we knew.

As for Kozak, a half bit Benteke is still better than him. Benteke managed a couple of good diagonal passes to play Bacuna etc on the wings in even if he did nothing else offensively. Kozak goes entire games without achieving anything of note at all.

Yeah he just scores goals and holds the ball up, last thing we need.

• Like 2

Have been off site & only just caught up with this Benteke thread.

Have fans gone mad? Criticising the beast, how dare you. Suggesting that he be dropped, are you for real? Unbelievable!

Benteke is a world class player & as someone has quite correctly pointed out here the true recovery period for his hip flexor injury is really between 6-8 weeks. The simple fact is we have rushed him back too quickly & Tekkers confidence has taken a battering.

Rather than drop him now though, which is totally insane, the beast actually needs more game time to reach 100% match fitness not less.

We all know what Christian is capable of producing & I say just one thing to all those currently having a go at him - shame on you.

Mark my words - it won't be long before we are all jumping about deliriously with insane unbridled joy & chanting in unison oncemore, "Ooohl! Christian Benteke!"

I still say he score's 40 plus goals in all competitions this season including playing for Belgium both before & during the world cup.

As Ron Saunders would say, " Do you want to bet against us?"

• Like 2

O Shea and Brown knew how to play Christian all game, the ref never gave him a thing, despite their very close attention, I could see the Man U in them all game. Benteke's still young, coming back from an injury (possible still carrying one) and off form. I wouldn't drop him unless hes injured.  

• Like 1

Have fans gone mad? Criticising the beast, how dare you. Suggesting that he be dropped, are you for real? Unbelievable!

Benteke is a world class player & as someone has quite correctly pointed out here the true recovery period for his hip flexor injury is really between 6-8 weeks. The simple fact is we have rushed him back too quickly & Tekkers confidence has taken a battering.

Rather than drop him now though, which is totally insane, the beast actually needs more game time to reach 100% match fitness not less.

We all know what Christian is capable of producing & I say just one thing to all those currently having a go at him - shame on you.

Mark my words - it won't be long before we are all jumping about deliriously with insane unbridled joy & chanting in unison oncemore, "Ooohl! Christian Benteke!"

I still say he score's 40 plus goals in all competitions this season including playing for Belgium both before & during the world cup.

I agree but he'll be scoring them for Arsenal on the way to a PL title after we sell him for the £25m summer fee in the winter transfer window.

I agree but he'll be scoring them for Arsenal on the way to a PL title after we sell him for the £25m summer fee in the winter transfer window.

Strange you say that as I have a feeling he is Arse-bound.

Arsenal badly need a striker to help Giroud, or replace him when he gets his ankles tapped when Arsenal next play one of the top four.  

Wenger's already scouted Benteke before we bought him.

He's available at a fee Arsenal would pay.

Lambert's already looking for a replacement and Benteke's conspicuously not playing well - which often happens when a player knows he is about to be sold.

Â