Christian Benteke

Kwan

He won quite a few headers but he's not 100% yet but that will come in time. Form is temporary, class is permanent.

It doesn't help that he has sod all supply, in fairness.

Yep, all the chances he had, he created them himself. Bacuna, had a pretty shit game in terms of his crossing and there really was no supply at all from the left side of the pitch.

Did Bacuna actually hit one decent cross?

Everything was either over hit or went to the first man. All a bit shit really.

I thought he was dire quite frankly. Ended up on his backside every five minutes and his hold up play was awful. Waving his arms about each time something doesn't go for him is becoming very tedious also. I would consider dropping him for the next game to be honest.

I don't buy this "marked man" stuff, lets face it he was a marked man very early last season when people started to realise what he could do but it didn't make a difference because he was in devastating form anyway. He's just looked different this season, whether its ego/disinterest or anything else who knows but he certainly doesn't seem to be the same player. Could even be the pressure of expectation and it being world cup year, last year he had neither of those worries.

Lets hope a goal changes all that.

how people can come to the conclusion that he thinks he is bigger than the club astounds me... he looks frustrated, that i can understand, but i hvae no idea from watching the game why he's frustrated...  

the service he got last night in the first half was dreadful... the people delivering that service did nothing to draw out the wall of defenders, which meant that not only were shit balls going into the box, but when they got there, benteke was surounded by big lumps of baggy....

when gabby and andi came on, at least they started to draw defenders out and forced them to make a tackle before the ball came in...

i think bentekkers will come good, but he looks a shadow of the player that was playing with an invincible amount of confidence at the end of last season.... he is not the only villa player to have suffered that fate.... in fairness to him, our expectations for him should be somewhere between where he is now and where he was at the end of last season, which i think is the point that PL was trying to make in the press before the game...

Â