Christian Benteke

Kwan

There was an interesting chat at half time about where Benteke was playing. He was essentially playing deeper almost a number 10 and Kozak was way in advance to him. I think this is a mistake. I hope with Weimann and Gabby back he will go back up top and I'm sure the goals will come.

I noticed this as well. My first thought was he was just getting frustrated and dropping deeper to get the ball.

I havn't got a scooby doo what is wrong with him....but he don't look even close to the player of last year. At this rate we will be lucky to get a buyer or get our money back.

I'm always very sceptical about using the positions players play as reasons for low performance.

There are many things a footballer does or doesn't do that is irrelevant to where he plays more to do with how he feels.

I agree its the movement of those around him that make him turn it on. He plays so much more freely when Gabby and Andi are in the side.

I thought Kozak may draw some of the attention off him, but defenders are'nt stupid, they know you have to completely stop Benteke playing.

i think our lack of movement off the ball ,is a crucial factor to our poor form... we are an easy target to close down.We have lost that bit of high energy from the front 3 that was undoing teams of late last year.

There was an interesting chat at half time about where Benteke was playing. He was essentially playing deeper almost a number 10 and Kozak was way in advance to him. I think this is a mistake. I hope with Weimann and Gabby back he will go back up top and I'm sure the goals will come.

I noticed this as well. My first thought was he was just getting frustrated and dropping deeper to get the ball.

I think if you're playing two big men up front (in fact if you're playing any 2 up front) then one of them has to drop deep.

Especially when 3 of our 4 midfielders would usually play very deep in midfield

So I'd assume, as Christian would be considered more effective on the ball, he was told to drop deeper to link the midfield and attack.

I actually thought he and/or Kozack didn't do enough of that last night. There were too many times when the midfield had no option but to float a ball up to them because they were both playing on the shoulder

• Like 1

Might be good for us .. A Gooner fan sent me a message that some of their scouts were in the pitch watching ..

We still are getting some points .. hopefully a win against Sunderland and Benteke get back for scores ..

in the pitch? those cockneys take there scouting to the extreme dont they.

Haha sorry but as my English isnt fluent I sometimes choose some words which arent appropriate either because im writing in hurry or that I dont spell it good ..

I think if you're playing two big men up front (in fact if you're playing any 2 up front) then one of them has to drop deep.

Especially when 3 of our 4 midfielders would usually play very deep in midfield

So I'd assume, as Christian would be considered more effective on the ball, he was told to drop deeper to link the midfield and attack.

I actually thought he and/or Kozack didn't do enough of that last night. There were too many times when the midfield had no option but to float a ball up to them because they were both playing on the shoulder

Yeah you're probably right.

And if I'm honest I don't like the two of them together. I don't want benteke dropping deep. He needs to be the furthest forward striker IMO.

When the subs were made he seemed to click into gear, it's obvious he has a good relationship with Gabby and probably more so Weimann (which took a bit of time to happen itself). Now he has to build a relationship with Kozak, which I suppose may be difficult if there are things they both want or like to do. Also worth noting that not only has he come back from his first 'proper' injury but he also took another knock the other day.

That said, I do think he seems frustrated, whether it's because of not scoring I don't know but he is definitely flapping his arms/complaining a lot more than before.

Without Gabby and Andi the gap is too big, Tonev tries his best but I think Benteke would rather try do it on his own than pass to him because  he either loses the ball or shoots.

GK

Def

Mid

HUGE GAP

Fwd

This is how we looked a lot of the time. After we made changes we had Andi and Gabby supporting him as well as Delph/Bacuna operating further forward and KEA playing more like a box to box midfielder.

Its a real shame we have to go 1-0 down to start playing football. On a positive if we can play like we did second half and get Benteke firing we should easily lock up a top 9 finish IMO.

Why is a professional footballer playing when not 100% fit, in this day and age.it shouldnt happen. Hence the reAson im saying he doesnt look interested if its down to injury leave him out, its simple as that. He is not doing what we expect of him n yes that is a lot but we all know he is class but he isnt showing it at the moment

Because you have to play to get back from some I injuries, there's no magic switch where you go from 75% to 100%. It happens over time.

Alan Parry couldn't make enough of his crap form in his commentary last night. Absolute tool .

Parry is a clearing in the woods. he was wanking over anything Long did all game. one stage Baker kicked against him and went out for a goal kick and he shouted brilliant from Long.

god i hate Sky

Disastrous move in Fantasy Football last week. -4 hit Lukaku OUT Bony IN. Think I'm going to gamble on -4 Bony>Benteke this week. Was always my plan to have him in my team. Has to come right soon. Hopefully a repeat of his hat-trick in this fixture last season.

Â