Christian Benteke

Kwan

The stats actually support both sides of views on here.

Last night he had 4 shots, 4 key passes and 11 aerial duels won. All a lot more than anyone else.

He also had a woeful pass success rate of 45%, for me that was coming down to him being slightly off the pace in the tight situations. 

So I think both sides have a valid point here. He's is still one of our biggest threats even when not playing well and is also clearly not fit yet.

He'll look better as soon as Weimann and Agbonlahor is back.
To me Benteke and Kozak does not work as a pairing, they're both to similar in the sense that they play with their backs towards goal and holds up the ball. Makes it very easy for two or three of the opposition player to overcrowd the receiving player. If the receiving player does manage to hold up the ball he does not have much support from his strike partner. With Weimann and Agbonlahor running in the channels and into space they'll be pulling defenders away from Benteke and also give him more to work with.

He had a poor game yesterday, but it was usually Benteke vs two or three WBA players. The few times he was in a 1vs1 duel he fouled or got fouled against. His pass % was below 50% yesterday, however he still managed to pick quite a few key passes. Kozak looked better then Benteke yesterday, but neither will look to good as long as they remain a striker pairing.

I agree its the movement of those around him that make him turn it on. He plays so much more freely when Gabby and Andi are in the side.

I thought Kozak may draw some of the attention off him, but defenders are'nt stupid, they know you have to completely stop Benteke playing.

He won loads in the air in the second half but frustratingly all the flick ons went to players in offside positions which was lazy play.

Benteke is still a touch above in class and skill, certainly compared to Kozak.

On saturday we are playing an opponent we ripped to shreds last season and they're arguably worse this year. Gabby-Andi-Benteke it's time to deliever as a partnership.

22 yrs old, never had an injury before and has recently picked up back to back knocks. Isn't 100% fit yet and is just having a barren spell that happens to ever striker in the world ever, at any club.

So all the body language experts can have a day off, nothnig to see here.

It really is as simple as that.

• Like 1

Early season form was brilliant. It must be the injury he sustained, not giving up on the big shagger!

It wasn't. He was scoring, but his performances weren't great.
:wacko:

Which games was he brilliant in?

• Like 1

THought Kozak was better when they were both on the pitch, but Benteke stepped up a gear when the changes were made.

He wasn't scoring goals, obviously. But he won some dangerous flick ons and his movement kept the WBA defence on their toes which helped the others.

First half the movement from pretty much everyone was really poor.

• Like 1

Why is a professional footballer playing when not 100% fit, in this day and age.it shouldnt happen. Hence the reAson im saying he doesnt look interested if its down to injury leave him out, its simple as that. He is not doing what we expect of him n yes that is a lot but we all know he is class but he isnt showing it at the moment

Might be good for us .. A Gooner fan sent me a message that some of their scouts were in the pitch watching ..

We still are getting some points .. hopefully a win against Sunderland and Benteke get back for scores ..

in the pitch? those cockneys take there scouting to the extreme dont they.

There was an interesting chat at half time about where Benteke was playing. He was essentially playing deeper almost a number 10 and Kozak was way in advance to him. I think this is a mistake. I hope with Weimann and Gabby back he will go back up top and I'm sure the goals will come.

• Like 1

Â