Christian Benteke

Kwan

I refuse to believe that he's that low. I know he doesn't play for a "fashionable" club right now but anything less than 82 would be a **** joke.

It is a joke, just as gabby is 74 also. But making them higher would increase villa's average rating above teams that finished higher. If he carries on scoring til the release date they will have a bad excuse not to increase but he wont increase from 70 to higher than 81 i wouldn't think which is shit when you have defoe at 81 and cisse.

• Like 1

some joke websites are now linking Benteke to Chelsea, just bloody leave us alone!!

Highly unlikley - but still possible. I don't see Benteke having the nerve to force a move - and from what we heard, he wouldn't fancy chelsea doing his limited first team appearance. - That said a whopping £40m bid would test Lerner\Faulkner.

How much is Premier League survival? That's how much we should value Benteke at.  Not saying we're a one man team but i think that this would be a fair valuation at this stage of the transfer window

if he scores a hatrick against chelsea they may bid for him ;)

Mourinho was coy in his press conference. After another striker but wouldnt name him in public as its 'unfair'.

He praised Villa and said we are a good team and hes not surprised we beat Arsenal as we are capable of beating anyone on our day. Hope the lads were watching. Good confidence booster.

Those 2 goals at the weekend have put him onto 25 in total, but more significantly he's now in Villa's all-time top 100 goalscorers.  He joins Darren Bent (remember him?), Alan McInally, Geoff Vowden (1970s), Brian Godfrey ('60s) & Les Smith ('50s) on 25 goals apiece in equal 96th place. Onwards and upwards.

• Like 2

He can tear Cahill and Terry to shreds if he stays on, the problem is the other end, if we keep it tight(and we can't concede early like Saturday) we can get something out of this.

Â