Christian Benteke

Kwan

If he goes, and it's still only an 'if' and the fee and the club that he goes to will be a barometer of Lerner's ambition for this club.

Sell to a top European club who are regularly in the latter stages of the Champions League for well in excess of £30m and then re-invest all of the money into the playing staff then perhaps it will be positive.

Sell to some 'wannabes' like Spurs for a lot less and only give Lambert a percentage of the money to re-invest into the playing staff and it will be negative.

Benteke handed in a tranfer request, you know that yeah? Lerner hasn't told him to go, but you know have a go at him anyway. When have we ever sold anyone for peanuts??

Does nobody care that this man actually ensured we are still a premier league team? Talk of hoping he gets injured and ends his career may be in jest but boy is it crude.

He would be crazy to want to stay IMO.

My words werent in jest whatsoever... F**k him sideways... If he signs a contract, he should honour it... If we HAD be relegated and he had a release clause, BY ALL MEANS, we wouldnt have a leg to stand on and he could go....

BUT

We weren't and he didnt... So he needs to shut up, pull on the shirt and put the ball in the net like he is meant to and his agent needs to help with sponsorship and whatever else it is that agents are meant to do without acting like overpaid pimps for giggalos in sportswear

Ok so if you signed a

Does nobody care that this man actually ensured we are still a premier league team? Talk of hoping he gets injured and ends his career may be in jest but boy is it crude.

My words werent in jest whatsoever... F**k him sideways... If he signs a contract, he should honour it... If we HAD be relegated and he had a release clause, BY ALL MEANS, we wouldnt have a leg to stand on and he could go....

BUT

We weren't and he didnt... So he needs to shut up, pull on the shirt and put the ball in the net like he is meant to and his agent needs to help with sponsorship and whatever else it is that agents are meant to do without acting like overpaid pimps for giggalos in sportswear

He kept us up.  Be grateful for that and be happy we are getting big money to improve the team.  He doesn't owe us anything.

Edited by Amo69

Amazing we all think he's brilliant and spurts fans seem to think he's shite but he'd still be prepared to play for the ****ers

That bit has tickled me too....he might be walking in to the Lions Den....( pardon the pun)

Amazing we all think he's brilliant and spurts fans seem to think he's shite but he'd still be prepared to play for the ****

Spurs fans with half a brain are crying out for him.

More chance of seeing a naked yeti dancing down harborne high street than finding a Spurs fan with any type of Brain cell.

Well i seen quite a few half naked yeti's this afternoon they really should cover up i know its warm but have some self respect

How any Newcastle fan can say anything to another club suggesting they are a joke is unreal

Did we just appoint Joe Kinnear as director of football or something?

Our positivity and faith in Lambert and Villa is so refreshing.

When we lost Milner, Young, Downing and Barry, this place was in meltdown. We were fearing the worst and didn't appear to have the faith we do now, when looking for a replacement.

Under Lambert, however, we do appear to be content in building something over time.

Despite 'No-Tekkers' handing in a transfer request, I'm really looking forward to next season!

One player is not bigger than the club.

One player ....only just about saved the club too.

The rest of the players must be sick of his attention.

If he goes, and it's still only an 'if' and the fee and the club that he goes to will be a barometer of Lerner's ambition for this club.

Sell to a top European club who are regularly in the latter stages of the Champions League for well in excess of £30m and then re-invest all of the money into the playing staff then perhaps it will be positive.

Sell to some 'wannabes' like Spurs for a lot less and only give Lambert a percentage of the money to re-invest into the playing staff and it will be negative.

Benteke handed in a tranfer request, you know that yeah? Lerner hasn't told him to go, but you know have a go at him anyway. When have we ever sold anyone for peanuts??

I know he has handed in a transfer request Yeah!!

Lerner doesn't have to accept it. Yeah!!

Where in my post, to which you have responded, have I 'had a go at him'?? Yeah!!

When we lost Yorkie, i was gutted, and then we bought Merse, one of the best players i have seen in a Villa shirt.

I think Benteke has been incredibly badly advised here, Sky Andrews suggested as much earlier o TS.What does Benteke do if no one comes in for him, or do not match our valuation?He has 3 years to go, is 22, could be a one season wonder, who would bid £30m for him, our asking price?

If however he stayed another season, and he was successful, then sell him next summer for £30m+.lla hold all the card here imho, if no one comes in, make him sign an extended contract, or call his bluff and put him on the subs bench, in one of his most important seasons in his career, let him sweat and come grovelling back.

Not sure how i feel now, whether i want him to stay or not, but i would'nt want some jumped up 22 year old tell me what to do.Get the money, or make him grovel for forgiveness.

• Like 1

BUT

Ok so if you signed a

BUT

He kept us up.  Be grateful for that and be happy we are getting big money to improve the team.  He doesn't owe us anything.

The other 3/4 of his contract?

Edited by b23avfc

Where in my post, to which you have responded, have I 'had a go at him'?? Yeah!!

IMO you've outlined a set of criteria by which you will judge Lerner. The only way he comes out with credit is if we sell Benteke for "well in excess of £30m" which let's face it, isn't going to happen. So you've pretty much set it up that you can criticise Lerner as soon as the striker leaves. That's how it could be construed as having a go at him.

IMO you've outlined a set of criteria by which you will judge Lerner. The only way he comes out with credit is if we sell Benteke for "well in excess of £30m" which let's face it, isn't going to happen. So you've pretty much set it up that you can criticise Lerner as soon as the striker leaves. That's how it could be construed as having a go at him.

Construe all you like. I could construe that the weather is cold and snowing today but the facts say it isn't.

If anyone chooses to read my post and then deem that I am 'having a go at Lerner' at this moment in time then they are welcome to do so. 

We can all say he is badly advised, but the fact is that he can earn far more at another club and probably be more succesful than at Villa at the moment. Football is a such a up and down sport, he could stay at Villa have a poor season or get a bad injury and his earning potential (and agent fee) will be far less. I know we all like the idea of evolving the side and developing players but that is all bullshit. Money talks and we know it.I hate to say it as such as the next fan but that is football in the premier league at the moment.

Not good news BUT at least he's done this early enough for it not to ruin our squad for the season. I'm sure Lambert will have a couple of ideas in mind already as it was always possible that this could happen.

I think the club have acted well under the circumstances. There's a date, there's a price - which should be pretty damn high given he has three years on his contract - and if it's not met he stays with us. Well, that's how it should be anyway. We hold all the cards. I'll be furious if he's sold for less than his value, which is at least £25m and maybe as much as £30m.

Amazing we all think he's brilliant and spurts fans seem to think he's shite but he'd still be prepared to play for the ****ers

That bit has tickled me too....he might be walking in to the Lions Den....( pardon the pun)

I am guessing a lot of the Spurs fans apathy is because he was pretty poor in both matches against Tottenham last season. 

He missed an absolute sitter in the match at WHL and was anonymous in the game at Villa Park. I can't imagine Spurs fans will have watch many other Villa games than those. 

BUT

Ok so if you signed a

BUT

Erm... what about honouring the rest of the 4 year contract he and his agent were more than happy to sign less than 12 months ago?

Im fairly certain he owes us enough to shut his mouth, do his job and play football whilst wearing our shirt and crest until the date on a certain piece of paper that resembles an employment contract that has the scribble that roughly looks like his name on it expires... It should be down to another club to make a bid that we are willing to except or for us to say he is welcome to leave before he is allowed to make any choices regarding his future... He should have no rights but to kick a ball and do as he is told.... He is paid FAAAAR too much as it is... Until he decides to retire, his rights as a human being should also be forfeit... After all, he could have joined the military, earned a shite side less and been shot at for a living... You take the rough with the smooth!

• Like 1

I find all this talk of loyalty very hypocritical. Fans only want loyalty from good players. Would we show loyalty to Benteke if he was shit? No we'd want him gone and be glad like with other ex players. Would we care if he wanted to leave after 1 year if he was shit? No.

• Like 1

I find all this talk of loyalty very hypocritical. Fans only want loyalty from good players. Would we show loyalty to Benteke if he was shit? No we'd want him gone and be glad like with other ex players. Would we care if he wanted to leave after 1 year if he was shit? No.

If he was shit he wouldn't have put in a transfer request one year into a 4 year contract would he so what's your point?

Â