Christian Benteke

Kwan

Its important to understand how big a part Paul Lambert had in Benteke having such a great season. He wouldnt of had so much faith put in him at a top 5 club and it could of been a completly different season for him and it could well be the case that at a club like Chelsea he wont have such an easy ride.

Im personally pissed off but in the same sense am not too worried about the future as I can see how Lambert got players like delph and gabby hitting top form and have no doubt that he will keep us progressing up the league and improving all around the club.

Would be quite sickened if Benteke ended up at spuds but this transfer request has come only a few days after Chelsea are being reported to be preparing a bid and them losing out on Cavani would strengthen that point so hopefully Benteke goes to chelsea for 20m + lukaku and lukaku has a stormer for us and takes the number 1 striker position for Belgium in the world cup and Benteke gets a bit of karma and thought a lesson in the process but doubtful we have a chance of getting Lukaku but thats my little dream that Im clinging to.

Absolutely zero chance of us signing Lukaku. Not sure why people keep suggesting it.

I'd rather he go abroad than in the premier league .. I really hate facing him ..

If he's not here next year .. I really worry for a bad start till January again ! All hopes in Helenius to push on !

Anyone remember the quotes from Benteke at the start of the summer about not forcing a move? Glad that lasted then...

Never trust a footballer. 

Like a more talented Downing.

Well isn't all this just a kick in the teeth.

I have a lot of faith in PL, but really I don't care who the scout or buying manager is, finds like Benteke are one in... well, a fairly large number. Sure, I guess we can all think of a long list of players who've been picked up fairly cheaply and gone on to great things, but no one manager or scouting team has a better strike rate than one in... yeah, okay a fairly large number again (I haven't really worked this out). For every Viera there're several Chamakhs or Baptistas or Arshavins or...

Well, this is a bloody stinking pig of a piece of news basicallly. If I hadn't had beers in the fridge on reading it I'd be in danger of waking the wife with a HULK SMASH rage (a 5' 8" rather unfit hulk with dodgy hand ligaments, but a hulk nonetheless).

Edited by Intercourse_The_Penguin

Benteke joining a team like Liverpool makes me feel sick. Hope goes there and completely flops because I'm bitter like that.

Not gonna lie I'm gutted here

And those saying his game may falter at a new club not built around him: I don't believe it for a minute.

I've seen more skilful forwards at the Villa in my time, faster ones, ones better in the air, ones stronger on the ball, ones who read the game better, but I don't think I've ever seen such a well-rounded forward in my time watching the club.

He'll tear up whichever league he ends up in at whatever team is lucky (rich) enough to get his signature.

• Like 1

If we sell for £20 million and Lambert is given £10 million to replace him then my opinion of Lerner will drop even lower.

We have to be careful how we look at all of the money.

Benteke has £3m of wages for the next three years and if we were to get say £24m for him, we'd find ourselves £27m to the good. Two £5.5m players at £40k a week for four years is £27m gone - but you can guarantee that this place would go mental claiming we hadn't spent it and Lerner had pocketed it because the fees only amount to £11m.

Because of how low his wages are, you can pretty much take whatever fee we get for Benteke and half it for a fair idea of how much it'll give us to spend on transfers.

Why would the money we get for Benteke have to go on paying the entire wages of a replacement?

The money should be made available to sign a player and his wages should be covered by the amount the club make each year from television.

I don't get this thinking at all.

Benteke is playing a dangerous game if no club meets our valuation. Unlike previous transfers, the ball is very much with Lambert.

I'd be very surprised if a (Chelsea) move isn't already in the pipeline tbh.

Away with Lukaku on international duty would've sealed the deal.

Its important to understand how big a part Paul Lambert had in Benteke having such a great season. He wouldnt of had so much faith put in him at a top 5 club and it could of been a completly different season for him and it could well be the case that at a club like Chelsea he wont have such an easy ride.

Im personally pissed off but in the same sense am not too worried about the future as I can see how Lambert got players like delph and gabby hitting top form and have no doubt that he will keep us progressing up the league and improving all around the club.

Would be quite sickened if Benteke ended up at spuds but this transfer request has come only a few days after Chelsea are being reported to be preparing a bid and them losing out on Cavani would strengthen that point so hopefully Benteke goes to chelsea for 20m + lukaku and lukaku has a stormer for us and takes the number 1 striker position for Belgium in the world cup and Benteke gets a bit of karma and thought a lesson in the process but doubtful we have a chance of getting Lukaku but thats my little dream that Im clinging to.

Absolutely zero chance of us signing Lukaku. Not sure why people keep suggesting it.

Well I did state that it was my little dream so I agree with you in a reality kind of way but we are all allowed to dream sometimes  :P

Â