Christian Benteke

Kwan

If no club comes in with a bid, Lambert might convince him to stay. Ultimately, he's got a lot left on his contract. So he could realistically still play a part. Not that many should give him a chance. But, it's a possibility we all must consider.

This for me is where Lambert and Randy earn their money.

£30m is the price. Nothing less. If noone offers it, he doesn't get his move. We don't need to sell and if he does want that WC place he needs to sort himself and put in a decent season for us.

If he goes good luck to him.... and thanks for the £££

• Like 1

Lambert probably has a replacement lined up. Total faith in him. This is how the football world is, sadly. Can't blame Benteke for wanting to further his career.

I don't particularly want him here if his full heart isn't with the club and the ethos we put forward. What sort of example does that show to young fans and players?

The leg breaking comment was a flippant expression of anger, wouldnt genuinely wish that on anyone, just to clarify. Will restrict abuse to "what a word removed" here on in

I'm greatful for his contribution last season but **** me is this a let down. It might be with a new contract negotiation in mind, but I doubt it. As long as we get £25m now it would have to be seen as a good return.

Hoping he gets an injury or his career falls apart or whatever reflects badly on the fanbase, please don't do that.

How come he was at training on Saturday if he wasn't supposed to be back till July 18?

This sums up modern football for me, you can't even keep a star player for even one year now before they start playing up and want to leave up.

Â