Leandro Bacuna

Jordanderve

7 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Is it too much to ask for him to be in bed at that time if the timing was correct?

Our next game is on Tuesday not next Saturday so rest and recovery will be paramount in this league.

We only beat Rotherham not Real Madrid.

Easy comparison to make but you wouldn't see a proper professional like Elphick getting out to nonsense like that.

It's like N'Zogbia going out the night of the cup final, no perspective. I've praised Bacuna for his start to the season but it's these little things that turn you off about him again.

Couldn't agree more. 

It's easy to jump to conclusions with that video. We don't know if it was 4am, but as he's Driving it looks like he's not drinking and just out for a drive round town with his mate. I'm sure plenty of pro footballers do it, he's got the day off today so as long as he gets enough rest for training on Monday then I've got no problem with it. At least he was friendly towards the fan and didn't just tell him to **** off! 

48 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I'd like to see some evidence that is indeed taken at 4am this morning before commenting.  

I'd did quantify my post by saying this in fairness.

I've praised Bacuna for playing well so far....in fact I wasn't even criticizing that much compared to many on this thead at most points last season.

Amuses me how much even winning one game can make people more restrained...we get stuffed at Derby next weekend and Bacuna winks at the Villa fans and it will be like Armageddon on this thread again. Extreme views aren't for me really. 

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

I'd did quantify my post by saying this in fairness.

I've praised Bacuna for playing well so far....in fact I wasn't even criticizing that much compared to many on this thead at most points last season.

Amuses me how much even winning one game can make people more restrained...we get stuffed at Derby next weekend and Bacuna winks at the Villa fans and it will be like Armageddon on this thread again. Extreme views aren't for me really. 

I actually think Villa fans have been pretty fair towards him this season tbh and he has been mostly judged based on his 'current' performances.  He was God awful last year - truly terrible - thankfully, most fans seem to be willing to forget that for the good of the team. 

Chronic over reaction IMO.

He was out late (allegedly) after we won and he played well (perhaps the most shocking bit:)). As he was driving he won't have been drinking (you would hope) so all he had was a late night  - big deal.

Personally I think Bacuna is a bit of bell end based on his comments last season but lets have a bit of perspective here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Is it too much to ask for him to be in bed at that time if the timing was correct?

Our next game is on Tuesday not next Saturday so rest and recovery will be paramount in this league.

We only beat Rotherham not Real Madrid.

Easy comparison to make but you wouldn't see a proper professional like Elphick getting out to nonsense like that.

It's like N'Zogbia going out the night of the cup final, no perspective. I've praised Bacuna for his start to the season but it's these little things that turn you off about him again.

He is allowed have a life outside football ya know. 

My view is simple (but hypocritical). If you're playing well and the team is winning then i don't begrudge you going out having fun/getting pissed/banging sluts/etc, as long as it doesn't impact on your next game.

If you're losing and playing like a rocket polisher then don't dare show your face out! 

:D

Edited by Xela

The real measure here is will the club take any action? They have said that they will not tolerate any stupidity or bad behaviour, so if he was outside the rules you would imagine that he will be hauled over the coals pretty quickly. If they take no action then you know that there is nothing in it - Xia will likely tweet something cryptic if he does get a naughty boy strike.

26 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

The real measure here is will the club take any action? They have said that they will not tolerate any stupidity or bad behaviour, so if he was outside the rules you would imagine that he will be hauled over the coals pretty quickly. If they take no action then you know that there is nothing in it - Xia will likely tweet something cryptic if he does get a naughty boy strike.

What is this? V for Vendetta death squads for those who break curfew?