Leandro Bacuna

Jordanderve

I quite like him as physically he's great and his versatility at times is a real asset for us. His defending one on one is very good and if he can just calm down a bit when he's on the ball and concentrate on his defensively positioning then he'll be a very decent squad player. For the million or so, I think he's been a good signing

Great set piece taker as well remember, thinking about it, can also take a decent throw in!

Edited by foreveryoung

That's the only way Suarez got that pen, by diving.

If you don't go down, you don't get anything in this game, such is the quality of refereeing.

I think if that was reversed, Bacuna would have got a yellow.

• Like 2

I quite like him as physically he's great and his versatility at times is a real asset for us. His defending one on one is very good and if he can just calm down a bit when he's on the ball and concentrate on his defensively positioning then he'll be a very decent squad player. For the million or so, I think he's been a good signing

Great set piece taker as well remember, thinking about it, can also take a decent throw in!

Yeah, forgot to mention that. He's got some limitations to his game but for the money we paid for him, I'm more than happy with him

Did well I thought yesterday but he's been fairly hit and miss in this position, although as he has been in other positions too. I like him though.

He's played something like 10 games in that position in his whole carreer, I think he has great potential as a RB.

• Like 1

Disagree, keep him away from the back 4 and develop him into midfield. With his energy he could be a decent option for us there in time.

Without his free kicks aswell, we'd probably have 0 home wins so he's been worth a million for that alone.

I do prefer Bacuna further forward than RB. His positioning at times is poor (like Lowton) but he does have the pace to make up for this (unlike Lowton). 

At right-back he seems more nervous on the ball than when he plays further forward. I don't blame him, at his age, adjusting to a new league and not playing in his preferred position, he is doing rather well for the team.

At the moment, he does look like he has a mistake in him (ball given away last minute, misjudging his attempted 'header') but I think out of all our signings this summer, he shows the most potential and I think he'll keep improving.  

Sorry, I just don't rate Bacuna at all. He's a deer in the headlights with the ball at his feet. Panicky.

I'm usually the first to defend players from getting criticism, but Bacuna just isn't very good.

I'd have Lowton there every time

Kind of sums up why I feel it is a shame he has to play there. People seem to judge him in general on the way he plays in an unnatural position, rather than how he plays in his preferred spots within midfield.

Of course you would have Lowton there every time, Lowton is a right back, Bacuna isn't. The fact that some people do prefer Bacuna in that position is a credit to him IMO.

I don't think he's been particularly good wherever he's played.

He was in midfield at home vs liverpool and it was one of he worst performances I've seen from anyone.

I like the lad, I just don't think he's very good. People keep saying he was good yesterday.

Despite being ok first half I thought he had a poor game. I'd rate him as our worst player yesterda

Sorry, I just don't rate Bacuna at all. He's a deer in the headlights with the ball at his feet. Panicky.

I'm usually the first to defend players from getting criticism, but Bacuna just isn't very good.

I'd have Lowton there every time

Kind of sums up why I feel it is a shame he has to play there. People seem to judge him in general on the way he plays in an unnatural position, rather than how he plays in his preferred spots within midfield.

Of course you would have Lowton there every time, Lowton is a right back, Bacuna isn't. The fact that some people do prefer Bacuna in that position is a credit to him IMO.

I don't think he's been particularly good wherever he's played.

He was in midfield at home vs liverpool and it was one of he worst performances I've seen from anyone.

I like the lad, I just don't think he's very good. People keep saying he was good yesterday.

Despite being ok first half I thought he had a poor game. I'd rate him as our worst player yesterda

To be fair on him I think that game against Liverpool in midfield was his first in the position for us and he was very nervous by the looks of it. 

It was a complete contrast to the way he played in midfield against Arsenal the other night, surging forward whenever possible and getting himself about on both flanks.

I think there is definitely something there in him, he is only 22 and can still learn a lot of course but if he is given a proper run in midfield I think he'll excel. Hopefully we will have Lowton back for the Baggies and Bacuna can play in midfield.

i do like bacuna and he in my opinion is one of the young and hungry players who i think can come good for us. it is only his first season and he is making himself a regular he is still learning but the guy is doing well.

• Like 1