Nicklas Helenius (AaB)

SikhInTrinity

In danish media they have confirmed that he is flying in over the weekend or by latest monday, to take a look at the club, negotiate personal terms and probably do a medical. I don't know if they have speeded up the process, this was the status wednesday. They were not settled on the price (it has not been confirmed at least), latest talks are 1.2M - with clauses taking the total to possibly around 1.5M. I'll call that a bargain, despite only 1 year left of his contract :)

Maybe your initial interest has been in Cornelius, who is more of a Benteke'-light'. Good aerial skills, nice strength and technique - also bagging a decent amount of goals. He is however playing for FCK which are by far the best team in the league, and therefore benefits from being a controlling team with loads of chances and a lot of other players to threaten the defence - having a wage budget that are probably between 2-4 times higher than closest rivals in the league. I think he has PL potential as well, maybe even more so as Helenius (a few years younger as well), but he has not really proven himself yet against more difficult opponents. Latest with a few bad displays for the national team, from my point of view. Rumors are however, that they are demanding around 9-10M £ for him, having rejected a 7M bid from Everton in the last couple of days. Which could be a really good reason to prefer Helenius over Cornelius.

• Like 2

Definitely can't underestimate that Lambert loves a target man, and Villa wouldn't really have anyone if Benteke got hurt. Lambert is also a huge fan of guys that are more versatile and contribute to more facets of play, (Benteke over Bent, Guzan over Given, etc.) and from what I've read Helenius seems like a guy that contributes a lot to the buildup.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rNfLPVpaqw

I'm sure that got posted on here already but the dribbling is very impressive. Obviously just youtube though. And 3:52 had that happened in the prem would've been lauded as one of the goals of the year.

Only 40 goals in 100 games, but he seems a bit like Tugay in that when he does score, it's quite spectacular

Edited by Rovers13

40 goals in 100 games is a very decent return. Better strike rate than Gabby (74 in 280) and Angel (74 in 205).

I don't think you can argue he knows where the back of the net is, the worry would be more can he adapt his strength and touch to a much tougher Premier League.

He will probably get very little game time in start, unless benteke goes injured. He needs some time until he can settle in, I imagine him not coming good straight away when he starts playing.

40 goals in 100 games is a very decent return. Better strike rate than Gabby (74 in 280) and Angel (74 in 205).

I don't think you can argue he knows where the back of the net is, the worry would be more can he adapt his strength and touch to a much tougher Premier League.

manager is obviously not worried