Nicklas Helenius (AaB)

SikhInTrinity

Helenius fee agreed. 1.25m with 500k add ons.

In Birmingham today to complete deal.

Danish media are saying 1.2m and clauses, personal terms are expected to be settled right now and medical this afternoon. Congrats!

I am a little dissapointed with the transfer fee, but happy that he ends up in Villa. Treat him well :)

• Like 1

Helenius fee agreed. 1.25m with 500k add ons.

In Birmingham today to complete deal.

Danish media are saying 1.2m and clauses, personal terms are expected to be settled right now and medical this afternoon. Congrats!

I am a little dissapointed with the transfer fee, but happy that he ends up in Villa. Treat him well :)

Disappointed with the fee, seriously?

His transfer fee and wages this year will be less than someone on 55k a week being released!

The same goes with all our signings.

Paying them only 15k a week we can afford to pay £1.5 - £2.5m for players and actually save money!

Hutton, Dunne, Given, Makoun all leaving will easily pay for the 4 players we have already brought in.

Expect a big signing in July when Bent and others have been sold.

He's an AaB supporter - he's disappointed they only got 1.25 for him. 

I imagine there's a decent sell on clause in there too though.

Sounds like he could be a very useful addition. I can't see him being an immediate starter, but I think he'll play a lot more than Bent did, and it gives us excellent versatility up front now. It's a great play by Lambert to identify that our 4-3-3, as good as it was going forward last year, does need more a plan B. Teams would have worked out how to stop that, now we have this guy and can go 4-4-2 or even rest Benteke occasionally to create different attacking options. We're going to be very hard to work out next year if Lambert plays this well. I think we're slowly addressing our defensive issues too.

• Like 1

I thinks he's disappointed from AaB's point of view.

Ahh my apologize, did not see that haha.

Yeah good price for us, a little disappointing for you guys. Have you got a replacement lined up?

Yeah good price for us, a little disappointing for you guys. Have you got a replacement lined up?

haha :) yes, from an AaB-supporters point of view - for you it is a bargain - no risk as you say, 1.2M is peanuts for you guys and he definetely has potential. 1.2M is about 2 times our equity value, so i am not all sad :)

No replacement, we rely on our youth system to provide us with something, and maybe a minor signing. Maybe this guy, 18 years-old Lukas Spalvis from our youth department, you can come get him in 3 years or so :) He scored this goal for Lithuania U21 last week

haha :) yes, from an AaB-supporters point of view - for you it is a bargain - no risk as you say, 1.2M is peanuts for you guys and he definetely has potential. 1.2M is about 2 times our equity value, so i am not all sad :)

No replacement, we rely on our youth system to provide us with something, and maybe a minor signing. Maybe this guy, 18 years-old Lukas Spalvis from our youth department, you can come get him in 3 years or so :) He scored this goal for Lithuania U21 last week

Bloody hell, We'll have him aswell if you don't mind. In fact, we'll have the whole of the right side of the Lithuania U21's.   ;)

Edited by sexbelowsound

With Fee's of this amount, it really is no loss situation for us.

If the players don't work out, clubs will pick them up for a nominal fee and low wages.

And players like this, even if they don't make the grade here, having a year or two's premier league experience with a decent amount of appearances will mean we'll probably get the fee we paid back anyway.

Plus they're young enough and hungry enough to want to move on rather than sit on the bench and pick up their wages.

It's a pretty low risk approach.

Thanks for all the info on this forum so far. Will you be sticking around to follow Helenius through the season?

I guess this pushes Bowery out a little, maybe a loan move for him?

Think Bowery is back up for Weimann still, his height makes him an obvious candidate for the Benteke role but don't think that is where he is suited.

I guess this pushes Bowery out a little, maybe a loan move for him?

Possibly, and I think it would be good for him too.

Keep him playing and, worst case scenario, it puts him in the shop window for another club to take him whilst keeping his value as high as possible.

Or, we get him back with match sharpness and more experience.