Nicklas Helenius (AaB)

SikhInTrinity

Youtube can make almost anyone look world-class.

Having said that, I like that in the clips his team does not simply target his head given how tall he is. He shows good technique and a wide range of goals (range, tight angles, tap ins). Looks a good fit - an exciting link!

Sign Okore now and perhaps a LB and all that remains is selling off the deadwood. It would be the best transfer period in recent memory.

I still think that even if we get Okore, Helenius and a left back in we would need a few more. And I think we'll get them.

SSN

Nicklas Helenius has stated his desire to leave Danish club AaB, amidst reports that Aston Villa have agreed a fee for the striker.

Helenius, who has two caps for his country, scored 16 goals in 33 league games last season after netting 14 times in 2011/12.

The striker was voted Denmark's Player of the Year on UEFA's website, and is expected to fly in for a medical at Villa Park once the two clubs agree a fee. That is something that the player clearly wishes to happen.

"I hope that AaB will show enough cooperation and not demand too much money for me," Helenius told Nordjyske.

"The market is not ready for big transfers at the moment.

"I have already secured the club a lot of money through my goals, and I am on my first professional contract. So I am not making an awful lot of money."

Aston Villa have already added to their squad this summer, with Aleksander Tonev arriving from Lech Poznan for around €3million.

• Like 1

SSN

Nicklas Helenius has stated his desire to leave Danish club AaB, amidst reports that Aston Villa have agreed a fee for the striker.

Helenius, who has two caps for his country, scored 16 goals in 33 league games last season after netting 14 times in 2011/12.

The striker was voted Denmark's Player of the Year on UEFA's website, and is expected to fly in for a medical at Villa Park once the two clubs agree a fee. That is something that the player clearly wishes to happen.

"I hope that AaB will show enough cooperation and not demand too much money for me," Helenius told Nordjyske.

"The market is not ready for big transfers at the moment.

"I have already secured the club a lot of money through my goals, and I am on my first professional contract. So I am not making an awful lot of money."

Aston Villa have already added to their squad this summer, with Aleksander Tonev arriving from Lech Poznan for around €3million.

"Come and get me"-plea :)

I'm sure he's a great player, but the key question is, what sort of club call itself "AaB"?

Sounds like the name a dodgy insurance company gives itself to make sure it comes first in the listings in Exchange & Mart.

Short for Aalborg Boldspiklub.

On that basis we should be called AsV.

Think we need to realise some of these signings will work some wont. But Lambert has a proven record now of signing some gems we know little about. 

But of all our signings I hope this one works out well. There would be an inherent risk in replacing Benteke next summer with an unproven prem striker and with an expensive proven one. 

I'd prefer having an already solid attack which we could then add to without an over reliance on the new Benteke replacement.

This signing shows Lambert is sticking with the 4-3-3 formation and this guy is backup for Benteke, but with a clear chance to step up when he inevitably leaves after the World Cup next summer.

The squad has an advantage of not needing to do anything bar staying clear of relegation trouble next term. So we can give these new signings time to make mistakes and learn and bed in. 

1. Yet, doesn't strike me as a fwd that relishes the physical side of the game. A "second striker" rather than a "9" despite massive size (3/3)

2. Technically sound, moves well off the ball, quite agile for his size + proved a decent goalscorer/finisher (at a much lower level) (2/3)

3. I hope Nicklas Helenius proves successful at Aston Villa, but not the kind of signing I would expect them to make (1/3)

Edited by Pembers

I'm sure he's a great player, but the key question is, what sort of club call itself "AaB"?

Sounds like the name a dodgy insurance company gives itself to make sure it comes first in the listings in Exchange & Mart.

Short for Aalborg Boldspiklub.

On that basis we should be called AsV.

There already is a danish club commonly known as AB (Akademisk Boldklub) so maybe that's why?

The reason why they call themselves AaB is because Aa is the same as the danish-Norwegian letter Å. Aa is kind of an own letter, and not the same as A in danish and Norwegian. It is similar to the german "double S" (which i Do not have on my phone"

• Like 1

Think we need to realise some of these signings will work some wont. But Lambert has a proven record now of signing some gems we know little about. 

I was panicking loads when we signed Dawkins and Sylla. I thought we were doomed (Still don't think they gave us a big help either ). And wasn't too impressed with last summer's signings either ( Even though I was wrong on that occasion)

But I honestly can't see any of these players being bad players in the prem... it seems like they all have massive potential. Tonev is the only one i'm not too sure on, but if we get Okore and Helenius I will be over the moon. These are the kind of players that excite me, not a french division two player and an ex bournemouth trialist.

I was panicking loads when we signed Dawkins and Sylla. I thought we were doomed (Still don't think they gave us a big help either ). And wasn't too impressed with last summer's signings either ( Even though I was wrong on that occasion)

But I honestly can't see any of these players being bad players in the prem... it seems like they all have massive potential. Tonev is the only one i'm not too sure on, but if we get Okore and Helenius I will be over the moon. These are the kind of players that excite me, not a french division two player and an ex bournemouth trialist.

But Sylla has put in some great performances for us. I feel he played a big part in keeping us up.

But Sylla has put in some great performances for us. I feel he played a big part in keeping us up.

Do you think ? Hmm...he looks worth his money and i'd certainly keep him. A decent signing. But a 'big part' I'd have to disagree with.

Sylla was a big help imo, he brought much needed steel into our midfield and gave more freedom for Delph to be the box-to-box rather than staying back like he used to before, I was expecting for the worst but Sylla have made the jump from Ligue 2 to PL and landed on his feet. Sometimes players just need the right challenge to step up to the higher level, Lowton, Westwood and Benteke didn't dominate their previous leagues either and I'd say that those three could've easily played in any team in bottom half of the table, Benteke probably in up to top 6.

The transfer window haven't even started yet so who knows what Lambet will do.

Fully agree Sylia has for me the 2nd best signing by PL after Benteke, yes that includes Westwood and Lowton. For me it was Sylia who brought balance to the midfield. Without him we might have had to watch Bannan and god only knows which division we would be in now.