Nicklas Helenius (AaB)

SikhInTrinity

Think we need to realise some of these signings will work some wont. But Lambert has a proven record now of signing some gems we know little about. 

I was panicking loads when we signed Dawkins and Sylla. I thought we were doomed (Still don't think they gave us a big help either ). And wasn't too impressed with last summer's signings either ( Even though I was wrong on that occasion)

But I honestly can't see any of these players being bad players in the prem... it seems like they all have massive potential. Tonev is the only one i'm not too sure on, but if we get Okore and Helenius I will be over the moon. These are the kind of players that excite me, not a french division two player and an ex bournemouth trialist.

But Sylla has put in some great performances for us. I feel he played a big part in keeping us up.

Fully agree Sylia has for me the 2nd best signing by PL after Benteke, yes that includes Westwood and Lowton. For me it was Sylia who brought balance to the midfield. Without him we might have had to watch Bannan and god only knows which division we would be in now.

Probably just me then... haha. Can see where you are coming from tbh. And i'm NOT saying i'd prefer bannan in the middle as Sylla was a massive step up in comparison. Just not sure he was that big of an impact in the games that I watched.

i also think Sylla has been great since he signed! baring in mind he was thrown straight in at a time that we were getting battered every week, he's done fantastic!

Think with Sylla, a lot of his work is 'quiet' as such. He isn't putting key passes in, he isn't making amazing runs, but what he does do is give protection and isn't afraid to get in for a tackle. He is very calm on the ball and doesn't rush, whilst being able to protect the ball well at the same time. Also like how he gets around the pitch quite a bit.

On topic though, Helenius, Okore and Tonev all before the weekend would mean Lambo is on the ball. Looking forward to hopefully seeing them at the launch!

Sylla is very ordinary but brought energy and desire to get after the ball, he was effective and it worked. Nothing special though in my opinion and his performances also came at a time when the corner had been turned.

• Like 2

Trying to gauge the value of this signing at this stage is pretty futile imo.

His stats and YouTube vids suggest that he has some sort of talent. They don't NECESSARILY mean anything, but many a fine footballer has looked less impressive at age 22.

Without getting into arguments about the worth of Sylla, Bowery, etc, I think we can all agree that Lambert's success record on signings is at least an impressive 50% or so. So all we can really do is hope for the best and plan for the worst. It's exciting to be able to hope for the best, and nobody can discount the possibility of him setting the world on fire when he actually puts on an actual Villa shirt for an actual game.

Fully agree Sylia has for me the 2nd best signing by PL after Benteke, yes that includes Westwood and Lowton. For me it was Sylia who brought balance to the midfield. Without him we might have had to watch Bannan and god only knows which division we would be in now.

Sylla has been good. I like him too, but I just want to make a point here. We were playing 4231, with two central mids and 4 attacking players infront. Defence had no protection and full backs were exposed. Then we changed to a 433/451 type of system, with three center mids. This is what brought balance to the team. Sure Sylla helped by being the type of player that he is, but bringing in Sylla and still playing 4231 we would have had the same issues as before.

Like many said above Sylla was a very good signing and a player we needed and still need. He has that defensive mentality of slowing down opposition play, never trying a fancy pass just simply breaking up or slowing down attacks and covering the spaces left open by full backs on the attack.

I'd imagine Makelele is his idol.

Anyway, the point is he along with Benteke, Lowton, Westwood were not know names to us when they signed and all 4 have done very well and are worth every penny paid for them. 

So with these new names coming in with no big reputations, plenty to learn and surely ambition to succeed in the Prem, we need to accept some will flourish and some wont. 

I've faith 3 or 4 of the likely 6 signing will be deemed a success. 

• Like 2

That's my point though. These players we are bringing in have already a reputation. For some people anyway. Helenius finished top goalscorer for his team despite being 22, Tonev has been linked with a few clubs including us and celtic so he has been known before and Okore has rejected chelsea,Made International Debut and had CL matches under his belt. I'd say these guys are quite different to the signings we have had before.

I'm more excited about these players than any before probably. But then again we haven't signed them yet :(

• Like 2

I'm sure he's a great player, but the key question is, what sort of club call itself "AaB"?

Sounds like the name a dodgy insurance company gives itself to make sure it comes first in the listings in Exchange & Mart.

Short for Aalborg Boldspiklub.

On that basis we should be called AsV.

No. Aa is regarded as one sound, Å. So it it more correct use AV. If it was Aaston Villa, it would be AaV.

• Like 1

Sylla is very ordinary but brought energy and desire to get after the ball, he was effective and it worked. Nothing special though in my opinion and his performances also came at a time when the corner had been turned.

Ordinary is harsh in my opinion.

Well he is currently 4-5 choice for Denmark (not saying much I know), and word is his is a bit selfish. Looks like he needs to build some mussels too.   

Mmm sounds good, does he own any restaurants?

Not sure if it has been posted but theres an interview with the man himself.. talks in detail about the club.

AALBORG (Ekstrabladet): so as not to take unnecessary chances before his likely move to Aston Villa settled Nicklas Helenius with a light game of strength training, as AaB in the morning began training after finishing the summer vacation.

The 22-year-old striker was the natural midpoint, after that, according to English media appears that AaB can eyes a sale price of about 17 million dollars.

See also: Vejle launches sportsråd and chasing trainer

Tuesday sports director Lynge Jakobsen was outgoing and his replacement Allan Gaarde in Birmingham in order to negotiate with the Premier League club, and the day went so promising that a sale seems to be approaching.

-We are negotiating, and I dare not speculate about how it ends, sounds it diplomatically from Allan Gaarde.

Large and traditional Club
Soberly, it is found that the chemistry between the parties is so good that the next step will be that Nicklas Helenius takes to England to inspect conditions in its probable future Club. And probably also to negotiate his personal relationships in place.

-I know that AaB and Villa are negotiating, and that I have been allowed to take over and look at the situation. It is done either at the weekend or early next week. It is in a way what I know so far.

See also: Hradecky: Brøndby-switch is a step forward

Nicklas Helenius has long been aware that Aston Villa have been interested in him, and even he has for years had a dream to come to a club in the Premier League. In his head the most interesting League.

-I think it looks interesting. Aston Villa is a large and traditional Club, and one focuses on young players. So there are opportunities in it. I can see how many of the Club's young players have evolved, so why shouldn't I also be able to it? I must, of course, get used to the pace and physics, but it was also when I started to play in the Super League.

Nicklas Helenius feel convinced that he cannot be purchased as a commodity to the surplus store.

Of course, nervous
-Yes, it is something that I can both hear and see. If I didn't have the feeling, so had I not said yes to come over and look at the situation. I'm going to play at any time. I know that I'm not going to start inside immediately. It will be a struggle, but I see a great potential for development over there. Both for the Club and for myself.

See also: FC vestsjælland rearms with profile

-They play different systems, and I have already heard how they see me. And it looks interesting. I do not believe that a club like Villa just coming and going to buy me and then only to put me on the bench. Now, I am happy to come over and look at it all.

-Of course, I would be nervous if I need to and play Premier League. But there was also someone who said I would not be major league player. I have accustomed myself to and has developed me really good, says Nicklas Helenius, who debuted in the Super League for three years ago and in the last season scored 16 goals for AaB.
Edited by KSV
  • Like 3

Think we need to realise some of these signings will work some wont. But Lambert has a proven record now of signing some gems we know little about. 

I was panicking loads when we signed Dawkins and Sylla. I thought we were doomed (Still don't think they gave us a big help either ). And wasn't too impressed with last summer's signings either ( Even though I was wrong on that occasion)

But I honestly can't see any of these players being bad players in the prem... it seems like they all have massive potential. Tonev is the only one i'm not too sure on, but if we get Okore and Helenius I will be over the moon. These are the kind of players that excite me, not a french division two player and an ex bournemouth trialist.

But Sylla has put in some great performances for us. I feel he played a big part in keeping us up.

Probably just me then... haha. Can see where you are coming from tbh. And i'm NOT saying i'd prefer bannan in the middle as Sylla was a massive step up in comparison. Just not sure he was that big of an impact in the games that I watched.

Yeah but you probably sit in the lounge area, eating sarnies and talking, hence not noticing that sylla has been the tits since he came.

Edited by villan_007