Nicklas Helenius (AaB)

SikhInTrinity

Congratulations on signing Helenius!

I really hope that Helenius in time are going to be a success at Villa. Helenius are a very talented striker, but keep in mind that he'll need time to adjust to Premier League.

It's very difficult moving directly from the danish Superliga to Premier League. As some of you have mentioned Helenius needs to pull on some more muscles and adapt to the pace of PL.

I'm really looking forward following Villa in the coming seasons.

Personally I think it's great that Aalborg are able selling a player to Aston Villa. However I'm concerned how AaB will perform without Helenius, as he scored 30% of Aalborgs goals in the last two seasons (MVP of the Superliga last two seasons). If combining goals/assists Helenius were involved in nearly 50% of Aalborgs goals last season.

That's why some AaB supporters really fears the coming season as there might not be money let to buy a decent replacement.

Well all I can say is thanks for Helenius and here's hoping you replace him okay and your fears for next season come to nothing.

• Like 1

He's very different to what we have already, which is good. It might take him some time to adapt to the physical side of the premiere league but its great that Lambert is making these signings so early in the summer as now they will have a full pre-season training with us. Good luck to the lad!

I'll be very disappointed if, at some stage during his unveiling, he didn't stand up and scream "THIS IS VILLAAAAAAAAA"

Whilst kicking Jack Woodward down a well. 

Haha. I LOL'ed at the thought of this happening with an astonished and muffled-sounding scream, followed by JW landing unharmed at the bottom*.

*Although within reason I wouldn't be absolutely insistent on the last part :)

Whats with all these 3 year contracts?

1 year to settle in, 1 good year and suddenly we have no choice but to sell.

I understand he could just as easily be crap and thus save us a lot of money on a 5 or 6 year contract, but on what is likely 20k a week if not less we would barely be losing a thing on him. 

Same goes for Baker and Weimann

Three year contract is the Norm these days. He plays well, we give him a better wage and extended contract he wants out we sell. No big deal.