Nicklas Helenius (AaB)

SikhInTrinity

Better fan behaviour that I'm not even going to bite to.

Bennett was definitely below the standard required of a PL player, but gradually improved as the season went on; even shining in some games.

KEA has had trouble adapting to the pace of the PL. Nothing shameful about that. Better players have failed to and better players will go on to fail. But to write him off after a season? Baffling.

And Bowery, as I stated has done nothing wrong. He wasn't even bought to be a first teamer, but he has done well in most games he has been a part of and as I stated, we haven't lost a game he's started.

Very little patience in the game these days, a sign of the times.

with that age / height / caps / club goals can I just call his price 1/35th of an andy carroll?

but I am a bit disappointed we arent buying English...

What like some of the U-21's who just lost their third straight game,this time against Israel.

I think your sarcasm meter is off today.

A sarcasm meter, that's a really useful device

theysavedlisasbrain4.png

Ironically, I can't tell if this is a sarcastic dig at my expense or not. 

• Like 1

Stan Collymore deleted this twee about Helenius:

Stan Collymore ‏@StanCollymore12m

Catching up on football. We've signed another striker. Bonus! #utv #avfc

Possibly a mistake or ITK!?!?!? As we haven't actually signed him yet

On our OS, so no big revelations from little Stan here.

He's little Stan - I'm big Stan*

*so said my uncle. He wasn't a real uncle, just a guy that hung around my school a lot...

• Like 2

with that age / height / caps / club goals can I just call his price 1/35th of an andy carroll?

but I am a bit disappointed we arent buying English...

What like some of the U-21's who just lost their third straight game,this time against Israel.

I think your sarcasm meter is off today.

A sarcasm meter, that's a really useful devicetheysavedlisasbrain4.png

Ironically, I can't tell if this is a sarcastic dig at my expense or not.

It's really not mate :)

he;s now tweeting stuff from danish journos saying he's not good enough for the prem, needs to bulk up, "like crouch but without the technical ability" etc etc

"Without technical ability"? 

From all the videos he has better technical ability than crouch! 

yeah its just he seems to know who they are, not sure if they are reputable journos or who they write for so it could be any old shite

stan doesnt take much following to realise that he's probably just retweeting comments that favour the arguement he's trying to create, no doubt he's had several very positive ones which he's ignored (and blocked the tweeter, cos thats what stan does)

yeah its just he seems to know who they are, not sure if they are reputable journos or who they write for so it could be any old shite

stan doesnt take much following to realise that he's probably just retweeting comments that favour the arguement he's trying to create, no doubt he's had several very positive ones which he's ignored (and blocked the tweeter, cos thats what stan does)

Why would stan have a problem with this signing exactly? I don't see too much from what he's said or anything to suggest that's the case

I've signed him on FM before, that's about my limit of knowledge about him. What we needed with the imminent departure of Bent is someone who can step in for Benteke during cup games or injured/suspended/rest or even i imagine on a few occasions to partner him if we changed things up. Helenius I can't imagine will be anywhere close to Benteke but a player of similar ilk allows for easy transition if Benteke is missing and most likely when he departs in a season or two (I hope not this summer). By all accounts, he doesn't sound a bad player and for the small price he will inevitably sign for, it seems a decent enough gamble.

Youtube can make almost anyone look world-class.

Having said that, I like that in the clips his team does not simply target his head given how tall he is. He shows good technique and a wide range of goals (range, tight angles, tap ins). Looks a good fit - an exciting link!

Sign Okore now and perhaps a LB and all that remains is selling off the deadwood. It would be the best transfer period in recent memory.