Nicklas Helenius (AaB)

SikhInTrinity

I hope Lambert hasn't caught BarryFryItus

Lambert had a 30 game dossier on Westwood. I would imagine he has the same access to similar reports for other targets.

So what happened to the dossiers on -

KEA

Joe Bennett

Jordan Bowery

What has Bowery done wrong, out of interest?

Wouldn't say KEA has done anything specifically wrong either

I know but KEA and Bennett are easy targets. Just wondering what Bowery has done wrong. We haven't lost a game he's started in AFAIK and he contributed positively to wins against Stoke and West Ham.

• Like 2

I know but KEA and Bennett are easy targets. Just wondering what Bowery has done wrong. We haven't lost a game he's started in AFAIK and he contributed positively to wins against Stoke and West Ham.

I wonder if he would get the grief if his name was Jordinho...

with that age / height / caps / club goals can I just call his price 1/35th of an andy carroll?

but I am a bit disappointed we arent buying English...

What like some of the U-21's who just lost their third straight game,this time against Israel.

Couldn't care less about buying English now, maybe Lambert thinks he's exhausted and cherry picked the best from lower leagues? Maybe Murphy will come to fruition though.

I will say, i'd much rather take a punt on this guy than sign Charlie Austin!!

with that age / height / caps / club goals can I just call his price 1/35th of an andy carroll?

What like some of the U-21's who just lost their third straight game,this time against Israel.

I think your sarcasm meter is off today. 

• Like 2

Couldn't care less about buying English now, maybe Lambert thinks he's exhausted and cherry picked the best from lower leagues? Maybe Murphy will come to fruition though.

I will say, i'd much rather take a punt on this guy than sign Charlie Austin!!

Ditto. The English game is stunningly awful. Sign whoever would improve us. I literally don't give two hoots about helping English players anymore

• Like 2

The kid looks to have ability judging by the way he played in those video clips. It's very impressive how quickly he shifts the ball from one foot to the other. For whatever he will probably cost us it seems a no brainer to me. I also like the fact we're beefing our team up a bit because we've had a small side for some time now.

Still think it's silly to write off any of Lambert's signings yet. It's only been one season, and a transitional one at that.

Milner and Petrov were both poor in their first seasons. Downing struggled at first too.

• Like 4

Better fan behaviour that I'm not even going to bite to.

Bennett was definitely below the standard required of a PL player, but gradually improved as the season went on; even shining in some games.

KEA has had trouble adapting to the pace of the PL. Nothing shameful about that. Better players have failed to and better players will go on to fail. But to write him off after a season? Baffling.

And Bowery, as I stated has done nothing wrong. He wasn't even bought to be a first teamer, but he has done well in most games he has been a part of and as I stated, we haven't lost a game he's started.

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 1

I'm sure he's a great player, but the key question is, what sort of club call itself "AaB"?

Sounds like the name a dodgy insurance company gives itself to make sure it comes first in the listings in Exchange & Mart.

Edited by briny_ear
  • Like 1

I'm sure he's a great player, but the key question is, what sort of club call itself "AaB"?

Sounds like the name a dodgy insurance company gives itself to make sure it comes first in the listings in Exchange & Mart.

Short for Aalborg Boldspiklub.

It's the start of an Alphabet chart in a classroom :D

• Like 2

They were founded by English railway engineers whilst over there to help build the Danish railway apparently.

lol the aab name makes sense. Either way, these guys have videos of them online but I don`t think you will find a lot of fan videos for bowery :) That`s one way to look at it. Either way, it will always be a gamble when you bring in foreign players. This guy has done good in his league, and I have seen him some times. I do think he will do pretty good in the premier league but I can never be certain, sometimes it doesn`t work out. Better to be excited about this stuff than questioning it, because it`s either this stuff or players from the lower leagues like league one and two. 

From the looks of the videos on YT he seems to have a calm side akin to Berbatov when he's got the ball at his feet... Rather excited to see what he can bring to our attack... His height and the fact he's unknown will cause panic for defenders already :3

Edited by Mattyp_avfc

I think your sarcasm meter is off today.

A sarcasm meter, that's a really useful device

theysavedlisasbrain4.png