Jores Okore

Jesperchr

We may not need players with PL expierence but we certainly need leaders. We had none last year we going through our bad run. Hooefully Lambert addresses this during the summer.

You beat me too it. It is leadership on the pitch that we miss most, and people immediatly think of older players to lead the youngsters but that is not always the case. It is about finding the right personalities that can bring the others together when the going gets tough.

I am all for this signing.

Hoooooowever (and I don't want to sound like a Negative Nelly) we were all hoping there would be some experience coming in to help the young lads...but it seems we are just signing more young lads.

I don't have a problem with that at all, but I do still think it is important we bring in one or two slightly more senior players with PL experience

We brought in Vlaar at CB and he is still makes mistakes when defending set pieces. Youngsters will be prone to making mistakes but so will the older players e.g like what Vlaar, Dunne has. With CL and International experience under his belt I'd say he sounds like a bargainn !

WATCH THIS!!! he looks unreal! 

Very pleased if this comes off.  We really need a right footed defender who can play anywhere in the back four.  If he had been in the team when Vlaar was injured I doubt if we would have had the Christmas from hell.

Pleased that it looks like we're getting our business done early. Okore will provide solid competition for Vlaar as they're both right sided centre backs. which makes me think he may not be first choice.

It's hardly unusual for two right footed players to play centre half. I would think it'll depend on pre-season to a large degree but Baker won't give up his place easily. Will be interesting to see if Vlaar retains the captaincy though. He's not guaranteed his place IMO and it'll be a goo battle between our 4 centre halfs for a starting berth.

Pleased that it looks like we're getting our business done early. Okore will provide solid competition for Vlaar as they're both right sided centre backs. which makes me think he may not be first choice.

It's hardly unusual for two right footed players to play centre half. I would think it'll depend on pre-season to a large degree but Baker won't give up his place easily. Will be interesting to see if Vlaar retains the captaincy though. He's not guaranteed his place IMO and it'll be a goo battle between our 4 centre halfs for a starting berth.

Vlaar will remain captain, remember it was his first season, we've all seen the viking/spartan like mad man that was Vlaar at Feyernoord and hopefully he becomes the same for us. He already showed his passion for us following the Bradford defeat etc.

Guzan should be vice-captain though!

Maybe not, but when we two available who can play on their natural side of the pitch, then I think Lambert would lean towards starting one of them.

I reckon this guy can do a job in midfield aswell to be honest, seen enough to suggest he can do a job there; has the presence, calm, composed can pass the ball via long and short very well.

Let's see anyway, still hasn't signed yet so no point making plans.

Â