Jores Okore

Jesperchr

Its the quality of the player that matters, despite the fact he is still maturing.

The experience will come with us, they will grow with us, thats what the manager has been saying.

When the players grow with us ( i.e Weinmann) there is more chance of us holding on to them....of course there will always be some who will always want to go, but we have just been trading with players who have been at the end of their careers and have little interest in Aston Villa Football club other than a big fat pay packet.

Andi weinmann has been with us 6 seasons and is only just establishing himself, no wonder with his form, the adulation and the pay rise, he has come out and said he loves the club.

Thats the kind of spirit this manager is breeding and it is infectious.

my total support on this policy.

• Like 1

for people moaning about age. Who would you prefer in our defence Varane or Dunne? 1 a youngster, 1 with Premier League experience

Yeah, take the two biggest extremes you can think of to prove a flimsy point.

Varane has Sergio Ramos next to him to talk him through the game and we have Vlaar. If Vlaar gets injured again we will be back to having youngsters leading youngsters like at Christmas and no one wants to see a return of those days.

I love the way people keep stating he has CL experience, as if its such a massive thing. He played shakhtar, Chelsea and someone else, twice.

Our current defenders have player Arsenal, spurs, Utd, Chelsea and man city all twice and that's not including the cup.

I'm all for signing this guy, but his CL experience hardly sets him apart from our current crop of defenders who have played far stronger teams on a weekly basis.

and lost to all of them, apart from drawing to Arsenal. Conceding overall: 5 goals against United, 10 goals against Chelsea. 6 Goals against Spurs. 6 goals against City and 2 against Arsenal. 

He lost 4-0 to Chelsea as well, I can't be bothered looking up the scores against Juventus and Shakhtar but his team finished bottom of the group.  

I'd say he has less big game experience than Baker does at this stage. He will be a rough diamond which it the type of player we need to be going for but at the same time he is going to come with a lot of frustrating mistakes whilst learning. 

for people moaning about age. Who would you prefer in our defence Varane or Dunne? 1 a youngster, 1 with Premier League experience

Yeah, take the two biggest extremes you can think of to prove a flimsy point.

Varane has Sergio Ramos next to him to talk him through the game and we have Vlaar. If Vlaar gets injured again we will be back to having youngsters leading youngsters like at Christmas and no one wants to see a return of those days.

Maybe between now and September we will sign another experienced defender. Who knows. Its still very early and the fact were looking at 3 or 4 signings possibly in June is remarkable.

I love the way people keep stating he has CL experience, as if its such a massive thing. He played shakhtar, Chelsea and someone else, twice.

Our current defenders have player Arsenal, spurs, Utd, Chelsea and man city all twice and that's not including the cup.

I'm all for signing this guy, but his CL experience hardly sets him apart from our current crop of defenders who have played far stronger teams on a weekly basis.

and lost to all of them, apart from drawing to Arsenal. Conceding overall: 5 goals against United, 10 goals against Chelsea. 6 Goals against Spurs. 6 goals against City and 2 against Arsenal. 

He lost 4-0 to Chelsea as well, I can't be bothered looking up the scores against Juventus and Shakhtar but his team finished bottom of the group.  

I'd say he has less big game experience than Baker does at this stage. He will be a rough diamond which it the type of player we need to be going for but at the same time he is going to come with a lot of frustrating mistakes whilst learning. 

I was making the point that all though they may have more experience in these big premier games they still got battered in 75% of them. Much like Okore got battered in his games. 

I suppose they still do have a slight advantage playing in a harder league, but I still couldn't see a reason why he wouldn't go straight into the team 

I'm still waiting for a good reason why he should get in our side. I'm all for signing hot prospects for the future, but in terms of shoring up the back, I can't see it. He's inexperienced and very young.

But if we do sign him I look forward to singing Adore-A Okore!!!

Edited by Kingfisher

Â