Jores Okore

Jesperchr

17 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Where is he today? Not even on bench.

I'd guess he is being given a full rest, after all he had no pre season and has had to get up to full fitness fast. Richards now needs to step up as, frankly, we have looked better in defence with Okore rather than Richards.

2 minutes ago, WooJung said:

Needs to get straight back into the team.

Changing both CBs who seemed to work well together was idiotic from Garde. I mean, WHAT THE HELL WAS HE THINKING?

They obviously weren't fit enough to start. Okore has just come back from a(nother) long term injury, and Lescott is 247 years old. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

They obviously weren't fit enough to start. Okore has just come back from a(nother) long term injury, and Lescott is 247 years old. 

Rest one of them and the other one the next game. I'm pretty sure they could've coped.

• Like 1

Just now, HanoiVillan said:

Obviously that's complete guesswork. You have no actual reason to be sure of that. 

You said they obviously weren't fit enough to start, I'd say that's guesswork as well. Sure, you have Garde's decision to back that claim, but it clearly was a bad decision judging by the result and performance.

1 minute ago, WooJung said:

You said they obviously weren't fit enough to start, I'd say that's guesswork as well. Sure, you have Garde's decision to back that claim, but it clearly was a bad decision judging by the result and performance.

Indeed.

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

You'll notice I'm not defending that decision!

Which is very good. My point is, managers often get it wrong (working at AVFC makes it statistically much more possible) and I think that was the case today. 

There's a difference (a very massive difference!) between not selecting someone for tactical reasons, and not selecting someone because they aren't fit enough to play, which is a very reasonable supposition given the defence was clearly, observably improved before this game, so it was unlikely he wanted to change it. 

People would be in here moaning just as much if Okore had picked up an injury. 

Okore - Clark were decent

Okore - Richards were decent

Okore - Lescott were decent

Lescott with anyone other than Okore is S##t

Richards with anyone other than Okore is S##t

Clark with anyone other than Okore is S##t

I'm sure there is something to be learnt from this, I just can't put my finger on it.

NT. By decent, I mean by current Villa defensive standards, nothing more. 

Edited by av1

Â