Jores Okore

Jesperchr

I think people overplay this right/left sided centre back thing.

Lambert obviously thinks there's something in it, his comments do indeed suggest that Okore would be a back up too. Course he could just be using it as an excuse as to why we've been so poor at the back.

We've only really been poor at the back when our first choice players aren't playing. The defence has improved this season.

Vlaar would be playing LCB, with Okore in the RCB role.

Anyway, I wouldn't bring back Okore just after 6 months. I'd wait until the end of April at least. Let him build up his confidence and strength, and get into the speed of things again.

I think people overplay this right/left sided centre back thing.

Lambert obviously thinks there's something in it, his comments do indeed suggest that Okore would be a back up too. Course he could just be using it as an excuse as to why we've been so poor at the back.

We've only really been poor at the back when our first choice players aren't playing. The defence has improved this season.

If we had everyone fit (and assuming Okore carried on being good) our back 5 would actually be pretty good.

-------------Guzan

Lowton-Okore-Vlaar-Bertrand

With Lowton probably being the weak link. Who'd have thought that last season?

How many of the worlds top teams go out of their way to buy a left/right combo for central defence? None of them. The only top team off the top of my head i can think of is bayern with dante being the left footer but i doubt they went out of their way to do that. Its a rubbish argument imo it basically comes down to how good the player is, the reason baker/clark doesn't work is not because they are both left footed its because neither are good enough especially when paired together.

Of course the most important thing is the quality of the players but you'd be wrong if you think this is not considered by managers. You might want a word with our current one :

Lambert : "His absence ( Vlaar ) affects things because of the balance. We have two left footers playing at centre-half which is not ideal."

Yes and as i said its an utterly rubbish and nonsense excuse/argument, the results have been shite and its not because baker and clark are left footed :D

If so many teams in the world and most of the teams in the league play with same footed centre backs then we can't we? Utter rubbish from PL but then again its not the first time he's talked rubbish is it?

“The thing with us is we’re a threat. We can score. We’ve got lads who can score and you saw that against Cardiff"

He said the above after a cardiff game which ended 0-0 and after we'd been comfortably beaten and failed to score against west ham, makes perfect sense, paul.

Edited by Cliffy Biro

How many of the worlds top teams go out of their way to buy a left/right combo for central defence? None of them. The only top team off the top of my head i can think of is bayern with dante being the left footer but i doubt they went out of their way to do that. Its a rubbish argument imo it basically comes down to how good the player is, the reason baker/clark doesn't work is not because they are both left footed its because neither are good enough especially when paired together.

Of course the most important thing is the quality of the players but you'd be wrong if you think this is not considered by managers. You might want a word with our current one :

Lambert : "His absence ( Vlaar ) affects things because of the balance. We have two left footers playing at centre-half which is not ideal."

Yes and as i said its an utterly rubbish and nonsense excuse/argument, the results have been shite and its not because baker and clark are left footed :D

If so many teams in the world and most of the teams in the league play with same footed centre backs then we can't we? Utter rubbish from PL but then again its not the first time he's talked rubbish is it?

Eh?

All he said is it "affects things"

He hasn't attributed all of our problems to having two left footed centrebacks. Neither has he said we can't play with them. Neither has he used it as an excuse for the results. He said it's "not ideal". Man United having RVP out is "not ideal" but that's not why they've been so crap this season.

If Lambert had said "The reason we're losing games is because we've had to play two left footed centrebacks" then you'd have a point. But he obviously hasn't.

Jesus christ, there's enough to be negative about without making up this sort of nonsense.  :rolleyes:

Edited by Stevo985

While I like the idea of a Vlaar-Okore partnership, I think that would be extremely harsh on Clark who has been playing well this season. If Okore comes back into the team, it would have to be a in a back three or at right back. No reason to drop Clark for a player who was injured for 6 months. 

• Like 1

Eh?

He hasn't attributed all of our problems to having two left footed centrebacks. Neither has he said we can't play with them. Neither has he used it as an excuse for the results. He said it's "not ideal". Man United having RVP out is "not ideal" but that's not why they've been so crap this season.

If Lambert had said "The reason we're losing games is because we've had to play two left footed centrebacks" then you'd have a point. But he obviously hasn't.

Jesus christ, there's enough to be negative about without making up this sort of nonsense.  :rolleyes:

Did i say he's attributed it to the loss? He's saying the absence of vlaar is affecting us because we have two left footers and thats what im replying to not going off your little rant would help.

The absence of vlaar undoubtedly affects us but again its not because they are both left footed and to even suggest it is ridiculous. Put it this way when okore/vlaar are fit and play together (assuming its pl's first choice partnership) would you not laugh if he suggested after a game it affects us because they're both right footed?

Did i say he's attributed it to the loss? He's saying the absence of vlaar is affecting us because we have two left footers and thats what im replying to not going off your little rant would help.

The absence of vlaar undoubtedly affects us but again its not because they are both left footed and to even suggest it is ridiculous. Put it this way when okore/vlaar are fit and play together (assuming its pl's first choice partnership) would you not laugh if he suggested after a game it affects us because they're both right footed?

If he said "They're both right footed which isn't ideal" would I laugh?

No I wouldn't. That seems perfectly reasonable to me.

Eh?

I think them being left footed is a problem, because they only use the other foot for standing on. Vlaar and Okore are more capable of handling playing on there weaker side than both Baker and Clark would. But it's not just them being left footed, without Vlaar you lose the leader and the organiser of the back line.

Â