Jores Okore

Jesperchr

Vlaar was also directly responsible for QPRs first goal, Clark did nothing wrong in that game either, but keep it up DC..

I think both were poor for it. Vlaar got out muscled and Clark, instead of being anywhere near Austin was marking no one and back tracking. Thanks for the support to keep going and merry Christmas.

Can't we be like those soldiers in the first world war who may or may not have existed and who may or may not have played together nicely on Christmas day that one time. Or it might have been Christmas Eve. Or it may not have happened at all.

Merry Christmas Jores!

give someone a new long term deal after a handful of good games?

Sounds familiar...

would you prefer to run his contract down and leave for peanuts like Delph and Vlaar?
I'm delighted with how well he's playing.

But I'd rather give him the season to prove it isn't a flash in the pan before we start handing out lucrative long term contracts.

Like I said, there's plenty of people on here who are furious that we've done that elsewhere.

fair enough but it is less risky with a younger player with massive potential then with say.. a 35 year old goalkeeper on a 5 year deal. Younger players like Okore have resale value. even Tonev will be sold to Bremen (supposedly) in January.

This may sound crazy put I would like to see Okore in the midfield when we have 5 defenders on the pitch and we are chasing the game. I think he has all the attributes to play there, powerful, can tackle and has the power and confidence to push the ball past players and push on up the pitch. Stick him alongside Sanchez

1 dodgy moment yesterday when the ball bounced off him in the box to a Palace player, apart from that, his strength is incredible, the way he can shield a dead ball and turn an attacking player and pass it to a Villa player is something I can't remember happening before.

Him and Sanchez for MOTM yesterday, thought Clark played really well when he came on too, we don't miss plastic Ron at all.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I thought he was at fault for the first Liverpool goal today, he just let borini in behind him. Easy to get carried away with him and sanchez given that they seem to be the only two bright spots in a Turgid, sinking, desperate team.

Struggling to blame centre halves today. We were cut open at times defensively for sure. However, considering Baker (who I didn't rate before this season) has been out for so long and hasn't played with Okore before, I thought he did as well as to be expected. I still think Okore has been excellent considering the horrific injury he has had to deal with and the fact that he still hasn't played many games in this league.

I thought he was at fault for the first Liverpool goal today, he just let borini in behind him. Easy to get carried away with him and sanchez given that they seem to be the only two bright spots in a Turgid, sinking, desperate team.

Yeah he feel asleep at that point but thought he was solid otherwise.

I also think you have to look at how easily Henderson got the cross in, it came from a throw in ffs, I believe it was Cleverley who was the nearest to Henderson and should've picked him up.

Â