Jores Okore

Jesperchr

Let's not have this mentality, he's got loads of time left on his deal why bother negotiating...as it will then get to 12 months and he'll have no interest in resigning just like Delph.

He came from the Danish league so he'd hardly be on stupid money and it won't bankrupt us to put it up to 30k ish a week.

Such an intelligent defender...few times today when RVP and Falcao got into dangerous positions in the box and Okore would just throw enough muscle at them so their efforts on goal were fairly weak and rarely a threat to Guzan. I'm certainly on the Okore love train.

All we need to do is sign that Pione Sisto and we will have 3 absolute tanks in the team!

He certainly looks like the next big thing from the danish league.

About to gain danish nationality and could easily become part of our national side.

Okore looks set to become the first since Agger to make a successful move from the best danish league to the pl, iirc. Well f***ing done!

A special player, the guy oozes class, how many centre halves in world football can light up a game when they get the ball like he does?

If he stays injury free, by next season he'll be as good as any centre half in the prem apart from Kompany

He's destined to go on and play for a huge club at some point but i hope he stays with us for at least another 2/3 years and doesnt screw us over too early

Hi all

Having watched Okore playing brilliantly this weekend I have found much enjoyment reading the posts on this forum and especially how much you like him :)

I’ve always seen a high star in him so it’s no surprise to me that he is performing so well. Though maybe I didn’t expect him to play this good to be honest.

Since I’m from Denmark I imagine we get different access to different information than you do so I’ll direct your attention to this article from a Danish source from today, which had some interesting information in it regarding the time where he was not playing prior to his debut this season.

“But when Jores Okore was declared fit without being near the playing time, took steps to find playing time for him elsewhere in the upcoming transfer window.

"We have had a very professional and open dialogue with Aston Villa, and there was a time when both sides agreed that a lease would be a good opportunity to get some playing time in the legs. There were clubs in the summer, who asked for the opportunity to buy him, but Aston Villa was not interested in a sale. Lambert has always said that he believes in him, even if it would require a rental, but that he would not use him until Jores was 110 percent ready. They would not force him, "said Nikola Juric.

"On a rental basis was here and now interest from elsewhere in Europe and the Premier League, but now is a lease completely out of date. It goes without saying. The process is very similar Jores' time in the FCN where we really had been told they would not extend to him. So he got the chance in a game against Horsens, grabbed it, and the rest is a success story, "said the agent.”
Edited by maelstrom
  • Like 4

Â