Jores Okore

Jesperchr

Being fit and being match fit are two different things.

I still think this is just down to him not being fully recovered/up to speed after his injury.

I'd expect to see him featuring for us soon

After 7 months of training and numerous matches you think he's not match fit?

Let's see who plays Monday as I think Jores really deserves a chance 'match fit' or not?

think he's match fit in terms of being able to play a certain level of 90 minute football match.

That doesn't necessarily mean he's match fit for the premier league.

So without playing in the Premier League how does he get match fit for the Premier League? Or for that matter how in your world do players ever return from injury? Because a couple of weeks ago Benteke looked a long way off match fit for a couple of games but still managed to get on the pitch after a nasty injury? If Okore had returned to training 7 days or even 7 weeks ago I could understand your logic but playing in 90 minutes of International U21's is not exactly park football is it?

I still think this is just down to him not being fully recovered/up to speed after his injury.

Let's see who plays Monday as I think Jores really deserves a chance 'match fit' or not?

think he's match fit in terms of being able to play a certain level of 90 minute football match.

So without playing in the Premier League how does he get match fit for the Premier League?

It would be completely dependant on the injury and/or the individual. I don't know Jores or have much detail about his injury, or his recovery or his mindset, or his training regime or even his performance in the games he's played in so I couldn't possibly comment.

Or for that matter how in your world do players ever return from injury?

See above

Because a couple of weeks ago Benteke looked a long way off match fit for a couple of games but still managed to get on the pitch after a nasty injury?

See above

If Okore had returned to training 7 days or even 7 weeks ago I could understand your logic but playing in 90 minutes of International U21's is not exactly park football is it?

No it isn't. But it is certainly a level of football below the premier league.

MAYBE the best way to get Okore back is to ease him into football gently via pre season games, U21 games, international U21 games and then first team appearances?

MAYBE throwing the player into first team action isn't the best course of action in this case?

I don't know, I'm just guessing. I find it hard to believe that he's fallen out with the manager and I find it hard to believe that he is lower in ability than all of our other defenders.

The conclusion I've come to is I think he's being eased back in slowly after a very bad injury. I might be wrong, but I think I've explained sufficiently why I've come to that conclusion.

Edited by Stevo985

What ever has been keeping him out of the side, I'd be surprised if it's physically to do with the ACL reconstruction, not mentally ready yes, Lambert simply thinking others are better options, general fitness, other niggles all possible and more but while there's no doubt ACL injuries can affect careers, his rehab should be done by now.

So without playing in the Premier League how does he get match fit for the Premier League?

It would be completely dependant on the injury and/or the individual. I don't know Jores or have much detail about his injury, or his recovery or his mindset, or his training regime or even his performance in the games he's played in so I couldn't possibly comment.

See above

Because a couple of weeks ago Benteke looked a long way off match fit for a couple of games but still managed to get on the pitch after a nasty injury?

See above

If Okore had returned to training 7 days or even 7 weeks ago I could understand your logic but playing in 90 minutes of International U21's is not exactly park football is it?

MAYBE the best way to get Okore back is to ease him into football gently via pre season games, U21 games, international U21 games and then first team appearances?

MAYBE throwing the player into first team action isn't the best course of action in this case?

I don't know, I'm just guessing. I find it hard to believe that he's fallen out with the manager and I find it hard to believe that he is lower in ability than all of our other defenders.

The conclusion I've come to is I think he's being eased back in slowly after a very bad injury. I might be wrong, but I think I've explained sufficiently why I've come to that conclusion.

Whether it's falling out or Lambert easing him back gently I still want him to start against Southampton if Vlaar, Senderos and Baker are all injured!

I don't see why he couldn't have fallen out with Lambert we know Lambert is a vindictive little man from past actions?

Whether it's falling out or Lambert easing him back gently I still want him to start against Southampton if Vlaar, Senderos and Baker are all injured!

I don't see why he couldn't have fallen out with Lambert we know Lambert is a vindictive little man from past actions?

He might have. I'm not saying he hasn't, just that i don't believe he has. That's based on not much more than a hunch.

I've no interest in turning this into a discussion about Lambert as there's a thousand other threads for that.

See above

See above

Yeah it's all 'little vindictive' Lamberts fault , everyone else is free of any wrong doing because Lambert is the devil himself. Bore off 

• Like 1

He might have. I'm not saying he hasn't, just that i don't believe he has. That's based on not much more than a hunch.

I've no interest in turning this into a discussion about Lambert as there's a thousand other threads for that.

I just think that if Vlaar, Senderos and Baker are all injured then Okore is the best option for one of those CB places.

I just think that if Vlaar, Senderos and Baker are all injured then Okore is the best option for one of those CB places.

I'd be inclined to agree.

But like I said, without knowledge of how fit Okore is and how "ready" he is, I don't think we're in a position to comment categorically as to why he isn't in there.

Maybe he's fallen out with the manager, maybe he's not mentally ready, maybe he's just not good enough and it's money down the toilet?

I think it's unfair to conclude wither way, and I certainly think it's unfair to blame it on Lambert being a "vindictive little man".

• Like 4

In an article posted by the B'ham Mail it says Lambert will not turn to Okore, Clark or Herd to fill in the CB gap on Monday. Not sure if thats a print error because who the hell else have we got to play CB that isn't one of them?

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-paul-lambert-angry-8143772

Villa will not turn to either Jores Okore, Ciaran Clark or Chris Herd to fill the gaps.

Speaking about Okore he said:

“Jores is just coming back from an injury but he’s getting better. We have lost two experienced players who have been playing well.”

Edited by Pembers

In an article posted by the B'ham Mail it says Lambert will not turn to Okore, Clark or Herd to fill in the CB gap on Monday. Not sure if thats a print error because who the hell else have we got to play CB that isn't one of them?

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-paul-lambert-angry-8143772

Villa will turn to either Jores Okore, Ciaran Clark or Chris Herd to fill the gaps.

Speaking about Okore he said:

“Jores is just coming back from an injury but he’s getting better. We have lost two experienced players who have been playing well.”

Thankfully they've edited the article to suggest we'll be doing more than deploying a sack of potatoes in the centre of defence come Monday evening.

Joke about the potatoes being more proficient than Clark goes here etc and so forth.

Â