Jores Okore

Jesperchr

Well if he's fit enough to play then the question needs to be asked is he a better CB than Lowton?

Because it looks like it might be between them pair who gets the other CB slot

Edited by AshVilla

I too suffered cruciate damage (not in a game unfortunately but rather falling off a wall drunk). They are a bugger to recover from. I was never the quickest to begin with so whereas opponents used to pass me like I was standing still, after the injury I actually was.

• Like 2

Jores Okore has refused to give up on his Aston Villa career - but has not ruled out a January move.

PA Sport Report 10 minutes ago

The defender is yet to play under Paul Lambert this term after returning from a serious knee injury.

Okore suffered a cruciate knee ligament injury in just his fourth game for the club in September 2013, ruling him out for the season, following a B£4million move from FC Nordsjaelland.

He is currently with the Denmark Under-21 squad, captaining them to a 2-2 draw with the Czech Republic on Friday, and has left his future open.

"I came to Villa to play and I am going to fight to make that happen," he told Danish station TV2. "At the same time I need to play, so I don't want to exclude anything when it comes to the coming transfer window."

The club wanted to keep the 22-year-old in their squad rather than sending him on loan but he is behind Ron Vlaar, Philippe Senderos, Nathan Baker and Ciaran Clark in the pecking order.

https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/football-okore-keeping-options-open-173135737--sow.html

Looked good in champions league and for national team.

Didn't look bad when he has played for Villa.

I just don't get how he is always first reserve. Defenders from outside the previous match day squad are called up to the first team ahead of him when he was sat on bench previously.

I really don't get what is going on, he's clearly fit enough to play now. But calamity Clarke still gets ahead of him. Makes you wonder whether lambert has any faith in him. Which seems strange as before he got injured he was a starter alongside vlaar. Very strange

If he doesn't start with all the defensive injuries we have at the moment, I fear his Villa career may be over already (which is a shame). If he has hardly played or not played by Jan, bet he'll be off on permanent or loan. Makes no sense that Clark is ahead of him, he has been frighteningly bad for Villa, especially during the past 12 months.

The only reason he signed for us was to get game time. If he didn't im sure he could've signed for Chelsea or some one so if we are not careful he will be off. He looked very promising but if he isn't progressing here why stay? Not playing him won't only hurt his career but any up coming player won't want the same treatment. He's fully fit and he can't be any worse than Clark or Baker play him!!

Okore had the chance to sign for other teams. He signed for us because he'd get game time. Now, I am not advocating a player should walk into a side performing well, but surely, a side that isn't performing well should see other players given a chance: isn't this one of Lambert's biggest faults?

So he is fit, but isn't good enough at the moment. Can't be any clearer than that.

I hope it's only temporary, but it doesn't look good.

The view he's not good enough is held by a manager who has got very little correct over the last 12 months.

• Like 3

So he is fit, but isn't good enough at the moment. Can't be any clearer than that.

The view he's not good enough is held by a manager who has got very little correct over the last 30 months.

Corrected!

Edited by nik986
  • Like 1

The view he's not good enough is held by a manager who has got very little correct over the last 12 months.
Maybe so, but Jores was terrible in that one outing I saw him in pre-season. After that, there's been no way to judge since he hasn't played.

Clearly he hasn't been able to get back to the form he was in before his injury. For whatever reason.

Edited by AVTuco
  • Like 1

Â