Jores Okore

Jesperchr

A whole season is a lot to lose at the age he was. He looked very talented in the short time he was available when he first signed, I thought he was going to be our 'defensive Benteke'.

He must be fully fit, so He is either struggling mentally, or he has lost half a yard of pace/sharpness from the injury. If it's the former then hopefully he can rebuild his confidence and form, if it's the latter then he might not get back to this level at all.

If anyone heard Lambert's pre- QPR press conference he was asked about Okore and basically stated how he isn't cutting the mustard right now.

Yes but Clark and baker are? Completely stupid to say when you have players equally haven't cut the mustard and play time and time again

Baker has been our most improved player this season so not sure why you think he hasn't been playing well. Clearly Lambert hasn't seen enough from Okore to warrant starting him...and his pre QPR presser confirmed that.

• Like 2

If anyone heard Lambert's pre- QPR press conference he was asked about Okore and basically stated how he isn't cutting the mustard right now.

Yes but Clark and baker are? Completely stupid to say when you have players equally haven't cut the mustard and play time and time again

Baker has been our most improved player this season so not sure why you think he hasn't been playing well. Clearly Lambert hasn't seen enough from Okore to warrant starting him...and his pre QPR presser confirmed that.

Yeah, Baker's been really good. No need to put Okore out there, with Senderos back too.

One for the future, let him get his body and mind back together in good time.

He won't be getting game time even if Vlaar leaves. It'll be Senderos and Baker, with Clark as back up.

Mind you, I say this with nothing else except Lambert's decisions so far, and Okore's preseason games as my guide.

• Like 1

He won't be getting game time even if Vlaar leaves. It'll be Senderos and Baker, with Clark as back up.

Mind you, I say this with nothing else except Lambert's decisions so far, and Okore's preseason games as my guide.

Probably, but yet again he was getting game time before his injury. Come Jan id expect him to be fully fit.

Mentally coming back from a torn ACL is difficult. You don't want to turn on your knee ever again. Some people never come back.

Lost his bottle then??

This shows how far ahead in terms of quality Benteke is of players like Okore and Kozak!

So are you really accusing a 22 year old lad of "losing his bottle" because he isn't quite mentally ready to return from a potentially career threatening injury yet? 

Or are you just posting for effect?

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

So are you really accusing a 22 year old lad of "losing his bottle" because he isn't quite mentally ready to return from a potentially career threatening injury yet? 

Posting for effect? What effect?

Is Okore playing football week in week out for the U21's?

Has he been on the bench for the first team squad this year?

Do you think he has lost his bottle?

Posting for effect? What effect?

It's in the site guidelines. look it up.

Is Okore playing football week in week out for the U21's?

Not sure. Is he? What does this have to do with my question?

Has he been on the bench for the first team squad this year?

What does this have to do with my question?

Do you think he has lost his bottle?

I think either he's struggling to come back from his injury, or he's not good enough to be in the first team right now. I think, or maybe hope, it's the former.

Either way, no I don't think he's lost his bottle.

And I think accusing a young player of "losing his bottle" just because he hasn't fully recovered from a potentially career threatening injury is pretty disgusting to be honest. Which is why I asked if you really believe that, or if you were posting for effect?

• Like 2

Â