Jores Okore

Jesperchr

The thing with ACL injuries & the like is that though it was an in game injury he already would of had some underline issue there for it to of gone.

That doesn't mean it was missed or even shown up at his medical, it can be down to how is body actually functions. Meaning something somewhere else would be making his movement patterns less than effective. If there's an issue the body will compensate, so as an eg if your ankles/arches have collapsed you walk toes turned out. Which has an effect upstream in the body, sure you can get round but it's going to give you issues all over the low body.

This is why Arsenal have had Kelly Starrett recently at their club actually coaching their coaches/players on mobility/movement. How to move just day to, like walking/sitting.

Here's a link to Starrett talking about someone with a double ACL injury

http://www.allthingsgym.com/rehab-programming-with-kelly-starrett/

• Like 1

Surprised none of you guys saw that Jores retweed a couple of people last night saying that he would be worth a punt in midfield.

It was mentioned in the Senderos thread.

I'm against it for now. There's always a habit on VT to suggest moving players as soon as they are doing well.

If a player is doing well in his position, then he's good in that position. We should be moving players who don't play well in their position imo.

CB is such an important position. I don't think, if we've found someone who is really good there (and there's nothing to prove he will be yet, just potential), that we should be so keen to move him out of that position.

• Like 1

Surprised none of you guys saw that Jores retweed a couple of people last night saying that he would be worth a punt in midfield.

I'm against it for now. There's always a habit on VT to suggest moving players as soon as they are doing well.

If a player is doing well in his position, then he's good in that position. We should be moving players who don't play well in their position imo.

CB is such an important position. I don't think, if we've found someone who is really good there (and there's nothing to prove he will be yet, just potential), that we should be so keen to move him out of that position.

I wouldn't be against him playing at right back though, a position he has played in before.

yeah I guess that's slightly different, because he's still a defender and if Senderos performs well enough to start then it's just using the squad effectively.

But if Senderos is garbage like so many people are convinced he will be, then I'd rather be starting Okore at CB assuming he performs as well as he started last season rather than moving him about.

I mentioned in this thread maybe a month or two ago that I think he would make a good DM.

He is very small for a CB and he has made up for that with his great jump but once someone has been out for a season with a knee injury I don't like the idea of them jumping/landing from a great height. Our midfield doesn't offer much protection to the back like, if we were in a position to get another top CB in Id do it, shift Jores next to Delph and that would free up an AM role. However we are currently completely screwed anyway and can't afford to do it.

He's 6 foot, hardly "very small"

That's taller than Carlos Puyol and Fabio Cannavaro,.

And as tall as Thiago Silva, Paul Mcgrath, Sergio Ramos and Paulo Maldini.

I think he'll manage.

• Like 1

I think he'd have no problem playing midfield but given that the signing of Senderos means that we won't have any other decent centre-back to partner Vlaar, it's important that we go with him in defence for the foreseeable future.

I think he'd have no problem playing midfield but given that the signing of Senderos means that we won't have any other decent centre-back to partner Vlaar, it's important that we go with him in defence for the foreseeable future.

Maybe Senderos will turn out to be ok?

Just a crazy thought...

Just a crazy thought...

Haven't you heard? he's the worst player of all time.

• Like 3

Just a crazy thought...

One that there is literally zero basis to believe will be the case.

Edit: But anyway, this has been done already on the Senderos thread so no need to bore everyone by reviving it here.

Edited by Isa

Â