Drugs

PussEKatt

2 hours ago, bickster said:

Drugs in the UK are pretty much controlled by a handful of cities. London and Liverpool chiefly. It doesn't matter how many forces you study most of it originates in those two areas. I deal with forces from every corner of Britain and most of the time if its not a local force, then I'm dealing with a drugs enquiry.

And if my own empiral research is anything to go by, then that 93% figure is bang on (nearly everyone who gets in my car stoned stinks of the green). The only people I know who smoke resin are the lifetime habitual users and guess whatt hey smoke it because the other stuff is too strong, they don't want to be cabbaged.

I’m going to withdraw from this part of the debate after this I think, mainly because i am boring myself, let alone other people reading my posts, but also because we are both really only offering anecdotal evidence, which i accept doesn’t make a decent case either way. 

I maintain my position on it, but there is currently no way of really knowing - we can't even get an accurate estimate of how many people use the stuff over here (I’ve seen figures from 2-5m as a starter)and as per my previous posts, I am sceptical about these comparative results (as are a lot of people in the scientific community), because they all appear to be testing apples Vs organges. 

I’ll defer to your experience on the control of drugs in UK, but I would say that with the rise of the internet and the availability of hydroponics - more and more people are getting into it and a lot of the weed on the streets comes from smaller ‘bedroom’ growers. My guys are commercial growers in the sense that it’s for profit, but neither of them are ‘Gala Bingo’ scale, they will have 4/5 crops on the go at any one time in different locations, growing different strains at each one. They might have 100-200 oz yields form each crop. These are not dealers linked to a wider criminal network controlled by a major city, they get cuts from other people in the game and order seeds online. Take Durham as an example of this - there is a growing ‘cannabis club’ culture, which the police have agreed to turn a ‘unofficial blind eye’ to - so if they are small time, with a few plants - they wont even be bothered with it. I could have a crop on the go within 7 days and grow any strain you like. If I was sensible and cautious the chances of me ever getting caught would be minuscule. There are no stats accounting for any of this. 

Drug Seizures overall are down 30%+ since the turn of the decade and forces have an open policy of going after ‘Barons’, so the larger commercial operations in abandoned warehouses and stuff are what gets seen/tested, but my argument is, it completely ignores all of the smaller operations - and nobody can estimate the scale of that with any credibility. 

The whole Skunk/stinking thing is a bit of a non-argument too. I could get in your car with 5 different types of weed on 5 different occasions and it would all stink. I’ve currently got 2 strains at home - Star Dawg and Grapefruit Zkittlez. They both stink, but the grapefruit one does actually smell a little bit like grapefruit, but only on top of the stinking weed smell too! ‘Cheese’ is by far the worst for this and literally smells like a lump of Stinking Bishop, but it’s not as strong as Luke Skywalker, which doesn’t smell anywhere near as strong. Again with resin - that just depends on how it’s made. You can buy resin that contains THC levels well in excess of 50%, there are coffeee shops in the ‘Dam selling resin that is over 80% THC! Resin being weaker is either a result of the THC being extracted from a weaker strain or the quality of resin ‘mixture’  itself. 

Edited by wazzap24

29 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

And yet here’s me, 20 years in and I smoke daily (night time only). Good job, well above national average salary, good health (admittedly I doubt my lungs look amazing from the inside) - I don’t suffer from any MH issues, no anxiety, no paranoia. I occasionally forget what I have watched on the TV the night before, but it comes back to me after a day or so! I go out of a night a bit less than I used to, but I am getting older and don’t like drunk people, it’s not a weed thing. 

And I dont know anybody that has gone bandy as a result of smoking weed. 

Anecdotes are just that. Anecdotes. 

I can’t argue with any of that, only offer my personal experience

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Genie said:

I watched some mates of mine go from perfectly “normal” to zombies, slow, wasters, lazy after smoking weed every day over a couple of years. 

Its reason like that which make me agree that legalising it is not a good idea.

Same with a few of my mates. They smoke it everyday, and sometimes at work too. I’ve never been into the cannabis lifestyle. The words you describe it is how I see it too, and it just doesn’t do nothing for me. I find they spend a fair bit of money on it too, so it isn’t cheap. I don’t know how people can function when they are on it all day everyday. I find it very frustrating to be around people that are stoned as ****.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Genie said:

I watched some mates of mine go from perfectly “normal” to zombies, slow, wasters, lazy after smoking weed every day over a couple of years. 

Its reason like that which make me agree that legalising it is not a good idea.

Unless you think your friends' mental health will be improved by a spell in prison and a criminal record, your conclusion does not follow your premise. 

• Like 1

Are there any rehab prisons that cater for drug addicts and mental health. If not then I’m surprised there isn’t anything like that. You are not criminalising addicts then, and are providing them with proper help. Saying that what do you do with an addict who’s just beat some old grandad up to get his fix. 

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Are there any rehab prisons that cater for drug addicts and mental health. If not then I’m surprised there isn’t anything like that. You are not criminalising addicts then, and are providing them with proper help. Saying that what do you do with an addict who’s just beat some old grandad up to get his fix. 

You throw his/her ass in prison because drugs are not more important than not twatting someone to get their fix. 

21 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

You throw his/her ass in prison because drugs are not more important than not twatting someone to get their fix. 

You throw their ass in a prison that has a proper drug treatment facility. They do the full stretch for the crime committed and get proper help for their addiction whilst in there. 

The current situation means throwing them in a standard prison, where they have easy access to drugs and no treatment. They do the time, addiction still in tact (or addicted to whatever else they could get in there), come out - then rinse and repeat.  

We have do more than just lock people up for a period of time, then send them straight back out to do the same again. Not enough is being done to break the cycle. 

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

That’s the point I’m making . Petty crime for a fix could be dealt with better, but when you’ve beat someone up to get your fix the punishment would have to be prison. It’s a tricky situation, although some will say well just  don’t get hooked on drugs that are illegal anyway. 

Edited by Rugeley Villa
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

That’s the point I’m making . Petty crime for a fix could be dealt with better, but when you’ve beat someone up to get your fix the punishment would have to be prison. It’s a tricky situation, although some will say well just  don’t get hooked on drugs that are illegal anyway. 

And if they were legal a huge amount of the criminal issues associated with drugs would go away, like Tommy Copper performing a magic trick

I'd love to grow some weed in my little Home Bargains greenhouse but I have no idea if I can do it without other equipment. 

I'm still addicted to codeine/co-codomol after being on them and abusing them for years, albeit weeing myself off more and more now with my doctor. I've read weed can help with the withdrawal symptoms but have no idea where to buy it where I live as I've never really used it properly. 

31 minutes ago, Wezbid said:

I'd love to grow some weed in my little Home Bargains greenhouse but I have no idea if I can do it without other equipment. 

I'm still addicted to codeine/co-codomol after being on them and abusing them for years, albeit weeing myself off more and more now with my doctor. I've read weed can help with the withdrawal symptoms but have no idea where to buy it where I live as I've never really used it properly. 

Google ‘sensi seeds’ 

You can order seeds that will grow in UK conditions and is supposedly pretty decent. 

If you have a greenhouse, you just need water and feed. Follow the instructions. 

Also, it isn’t illegal to buy the seeds over here, you aren’t doing anything wrong by going on the site and ordering them for UK delivery - you just aren’t allowed to grow them! ;)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Wezbid said:

20 years ago my neighbour was growing it outside in his back garden here in equatorial South Wales

if you're struggling to score, I believe your local conservative club can probably help you out

• Haha 4

On 18/06/2019 at 01:28, Wezbid said:

Alternatively to other suggestions made, you could buy a tent grow room for a hydroponic setup and cultivate your plant that way.

If you have a wardrobe or decent sized cupboard that you can use for it, then you can keep it private with ease. The setup will cost a few hundred dollars.

It depends, but a single plant can potentially yield a pound, which is more than sufficient for personal use.

You can make multiple joints from a gram, there's twenty-eight grams to an ounce, sixteen ounces to a pound. You'd be set for some time after each harvest.

The benefit of hydroponic systems is that you can grow whenever you like, as long as you take adequate care of the setup and plant(s) then you're good.

On 16/06/2019 at 16:12, Rugeley Villa said:

I find they spend a fair bit of money on it too, so it isn’t cheap. 

£50 of weed would last a moderate smoker a fortnight .

A coke head would do £50 of blow in half an hour.

A loaded joint costs about £2 whilst a pint of Guinness is closer to £4. I'd need to drink 4 pints to feel the same level of mellow I'd get from one chunky joint  

Weed is very cheap  to be fair and there's zero hangover from a joint too.

5 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

£50 of weed would last a moderate smoker a fortnight .

A coke head would do £50 of blow in half an hour.

A loaded joint costs about £2 whilst a pint of Guinness is closer to £4. I'd need to drink 4 pints to feel the same level of mellow I'd get from one chunky joint  

Weed is very cheap  to be fair and there's zero hangover from a joint too.

Really?

I only tried weed for the first time in 2011, aged 48. It does very little for me unless I have shitloads, and it gives me a worse headache than a bottle of vodka does.

That's why I don't bother.

Â