Drugs

PussEKatt

5 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Not clear to me how they can be good in the short term but confer positive long term effects? Doesn't make sense. They're absolutely ruinous if used long term, highly, addictive and tolerance builds quickly . Also some research has shown a lot of negative side effects for short term use, including significant cognitive impairment which almost certainly kicks in long term, they also worsen anxiety disorders, insomnia, depression and suicidal ideation long term. 'Long-term use' of benzos is actually just a couple of weeks continuously on them.

If they work for you then fine but there's a lot of side effects and problems with them, to say the least.

Poorly written by me. If it was unclear. What I was trying to say was that they have their use short term, and they can be a helpful tool if used properly, with the right guidance. 

Our neighbours with a really noisy **** dog that we've put up with for 6 years, have **** off.

They've rented their house to a family with three whiney brats and another dog.

Please give me some drugs.

• Haha 3

Partied Friday and Saturday last week. Everyone was on coke and drinking heavily. I had a couple of drinks over the two nights.

It's my birthday this week and my sister and I are having a joint celebration. There no doubt will be coke everywhere again. Not for me though.

Personally I don't understand why drugs are illegal. Most people I know who use are not only professionals but damn good and responsible people.

I'm not going to judge someone for indulging themselves on the weekend after a long week of hard work. How one chooses to unwind shouldn't be an issue.

It's the criminal culture that unravels people. Sure, drugs may not prolong life expectancy but I'm of the view life is about what you can afford socially.

When dogma is present and condemning of an activity then people who partake will inevitably develop a level of secrecy and even paranoia surrounding it.

I don't really view this as something that makes someone morally corrupt or irresponsible, rather a way of coping with the possible persecution and purgatory.

"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go."

My posting that quote is a challenge to societal perspective and prejudice. It's not meant as a challenge for you to go push drug intake to all new levels.

• Like 2

In my experience cocaine is fairly benign. I was never so enthusiastic about it that I wanted to keep buying it. I guess it's dangerous for people with heart issues. But I've smoked weed strong enough to push me toward a psychotic state. Weed can also trigger schizophrenia in people under 25. So it's not as safe as people say it is. That said, the older you are, the safer it is. MDMA was so much fun, but I overdid it one night and could physically feel my brain do weird things. Not good. I imagine I've probably got scarring on my brain from it. And it may have cause some anxiety issues that I started experiencing a few years after I stopped doing it.

Drugs can augment your life in a beautiful and fun way, but the risks are potentially severe.

Moderation is crucial.

• Like 1

I went the horse racing last weekend and the amount of cocaine there was unbelievable. It’s really became the norm now. It’s an horrible more ish drug. Had some great times on drugs , but I’m paying the price now. My anxiety is through the roof, and it’s starting to effect my life more as time goes by. Suicidal thoughts are becoming stronger, but it’s weird because they are just thoughts in my head. I’m not in any danger of actually doing it. Just fed up of feeling like this all the time and it’s draining me and everyone around me. It’s affecting my parenting too. I really don’t like myself at the moment. Lost interest in everything. Last week was the first time I’ve put my music on in ages. Just had no desire or interest in it which is not like me. There are issues that have not been dealt with. The drugs help you short term but only add to the negative feelings you feel. I’m doing ok regarding my drug use. The odd blip here and there , and the desire to use is getting weaker and weaker. Could do with cutting the drink out a bit more. Just the stress, depression and anxiety is doing me in at the minute. The slightest thing and I crumble . 

• Sad 1

I going to Sheffield Wednesday in two weeks. My wife is coming and she’s going to have a look round Sheffield whilst I’m at footy. Making a night of it . Was going to catch a band, but going to try and not drink and just go for a meal and have a nice relaxing time. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, maqroll said:

Moderation is crucial.

If you’re going to do drugs and enjoy them then this 100%. The amount of people I know that are  mentally unstable because of cannabis is unreal. 

Edited by Rugeley Villa

2 hours ago, maqroll said:

In my experience cocaine is fairly benign. I was never so enthusiastic about it that I wanted to keep buying it. I guess it's dangerous for people with heart issues. But I've smoked weed strong enough to push me toward a psychotic state. Weed can also trigger schizophrenia in people under 25. So it's not as safe as people say it is. That said, the older you are, the safer it is. MDMA was so much fun, but I overdid it one night and could physically feel my brain do weird things. Not good. I imagine I've probably got scarring on my brain from it. And it may have cause some anxiety issues that I started experiencing a few years after I stopped doing it.

Drugs can augment your life in a beautiful and fun way, but the risks are potentially severe.

Moderation is crucial.

There's growing evidence to suggest this can happen in older people (who smoke high strength skunk which is very high in THC but low in CBD). There's very many public health issues associated with legalisation of it, but one of the good things is that it could clean the market up, most of the cannabis on the streets here is skunk, a legal industry would lead to better safety and opportunity for segmentation (i.e. options for customers who want fairly low amounts of THC but higher CBD). 

• Like 1

On 24/03/2019 at 16:22, rjw63 said:

Our neighbours with a really noisy **** dog that we've put up with for 6 years, have **** off.

They've rented their house to a family with three whiney brats and another dog.

Please give me some drugs.

Can recommend Sobril. Took 4 of those bastards recently and I got sent to Narnia for 9 hours. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I went the horse racing last weekend and the amount of cocaine there was unbelievable. It’s really became the norm now. It’s an horrible more ish drug. Had some great times on drugs , but I’m paying the price now. My anxiety is through the roof, and it’s starting to effect my life more as time goes by. Suicidal thoughts are becoming stronger, but it’s weird because they are just thoughts in my head. I’m not in any danger of actually doing it. Just fed up of feeling like this all the time and it’s draining me and everyone around me. It’s affecting my parenting too. I really don’t like myself at the moment. Lost interest in everything. Last week was the first time I’ve put my music on in ages. Just had no desire or interest in it which is not like me. There are issues that have not been dealt with. The drugs help you short term but only add to the negative feelings you feel. I’m doing ok regarding my drug use. The odd blip here and there , and the desire to use is getting weaker and weaker. Could do with cutting the drink out a bit more. Just the stress, depression and anxiety is doing me in at the minute. The slightest thing and I crumble . 

I spoke with the head doctor for addiction medicine at St. Vincent's hospital and he says that either dopamine or serotonin (I forget which one) take 14 months of abstinence to return to normal levels. So by that it will take 14 months for you to start taking pleasure in the things you used to enjoy.

That's a blessing if you ask me. 14 months is not all that long. The downside, is that even after 14 months of abstinence, using the drug even 3 times, will send your levels back down to that of an everyday user. So anyone doing this is kidding themselves if they think they can get away with the odd bender.

Hope this offers some useful perspective. 

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Can recommend Sobril. Took 4 of those bastards recently and I got sent to Narnia for 9 hours. 

Will investigate ;)

• 2 months later...
On 22/03/2019 at 23:44, Skruff said:

Benzos are good for short term. 

This is true. They can save lives. But prolonged use is really bad you. They should never be abused or become a habit. It's sort of a deal with the devil if you do.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, maqroll said:

This is true. They can save lives. But prolonged use is really bad you. They should never be abused or become a habit. It's sort of a deal with the devil if you do.

Very much so, and 'long term' for Benzodiazpines is like >2/3 weeks.

Â