Aleksander Tonev

HalfTimePost

I love this one

"they're not exactly 'doing their jobs', i.e. looking for signing targets of their own; they're on the blower to Neil then chasing our targets, it seems."

Lennon maybe a tosser but I am damn sure he is not stupid enough to be telling Lambert or Petrov his transfer targets in casual conversation.

Don't you think Celtic are bigger than Villa?

Bigger gate for sure. But they play in a one team low quality league. I dont want to get into an England/Scotland pissing match , there are a lot of good players and fans up there. But I think it is fair to say that usually the Premier League is considered a step up career wise for a player from the SPL.

Champions league football from a middling league is not as big a draw. Benteke walked away from champions league football at Genk to play with us for example.

Suddenly thought of Maloney, he signed for Wigan ffs

On the Celtic must be a big club because of their gate argument.... Can you please tell me what else there is to do in Glasgow (or Belfast) apart from go to Rangers or Celtic?

On the Celtic must be a big club because of their gate argument.... Can you please tell me what else there is to do in Glasgow (or Belfast) apart from go to Rangers or Celtic?

About as much as there is in Birmingham (probably more). Doesn't mean we can fill our stadium. (Not that thats the only reason either club would be bigger mind).

Villa really do epitomise what's wrong with the game in England. They are very much a extremely average side who can only attract decent players with money alone. It's very unlikely that they'll be challenging for anything soon, and I wouldn't be surprised if they were relegated sometime in the near future. 

So blooming bitter.

And completely incorrect as well which makes it funnier.

So I watched him tonight and it looks like he has a few things playing on his mind.

A few misplaced passes, some cracking shots at goal on target (some widely off target) a few mistimed runs. 

Overall though definitely fits into the Lambert criteria of hard working.

Can you please tell me what else there is to do in Glasgow (or Belfast) apart from go to Rangers or Celtic?

You could live in Edinburgh, which is a truly excellent city. Live there and commute to Glasgow for training and games (it's about an hour's drive, I believe). If I had a choice between living in Birmingham or Edinburgh then it would be a simple choice.

Choosing whether to play football in either the SPL or PL, though, is a different matter.

Celtic are a joke club

There only pull for players is the champions league which they qualify for every season by finishing first in a 1 horse race

They do not even have to deal with Rangers anymore their standard of football will drop significantly in the long run having to play shit sides over and over again with nobody in the league to test them

If the players got any ambition he will join a progressive club in one of the best leagues of the world where he will play against the likes of Man U and Chelsea and not Hibernian and Aberdeen

I really do hope Celtic or Rangers never get in the premier league

Oops, I touched a nerve by daring to say that MON is anything but an amazing manager.

http://www.talkceltic.net/forum/showthread.php?t=132476&page=15

I'm being really reasonable. This is the forum I'm trying to sort the Villa/Celtic friendly with. 

Edited by StefanAVFC

Oops, I touched a nerve by daring to say that MON is anything but an amazing manager.

I'm being really reasonable. This is the forum I'm trying to sort the Villa/Celtic friendly with. 

You really need to get out more Stefan. Talking bullshit on 1 site is one thing, but on 2????...............  ;)

• Like 2

After clearing up a few things, they're not a bad bunch really. I guess when you approach a group of fans sincerely and honestly, people respect it more.

Will be interesting to see where this guy goes.

You really need to get out more Stefan. Talking bullshit on 1 site is one thing, but on 2????...............  ;)

Please let me know what bullshit I've talked about. Cheers.

Can you please tell me what else there is to do in Glasgow (or Belfast) apart from go to Rangers or Celtic?

You could live in Edinburgh, which is a truly excellent city. Live there and commute to Glasgow for training and games (it's about an hour's drive, I believe). If I had a choice between living in Birmingham or Edinburgh then it would be a simple choice.

Choosing whether to play football in either the SPL or PL, though, is a different matter.

Or you could live just 20 miles or so north in some of the most beautiful countryside in the UK.

A friendly with Celtic? Dear god no.

Lets just send the money to Stan instead.

Â